Mare pregnancy stages?

Discussion in 'Horse Breeding' started by prairiegirl, Feb 24, 2008.

1. prairiegirl

prairiegirl Senior Member+

Might anyone know of sites that show the stages of pregnancy in mares? I would like to see pictures or diagrams (or both) of the size a mare might be each month/the size the foal might be each month/the size the bag might be. I know that each and every mare will vary but I was hoping there was a site or two that gives a general idea.

Thanks!

2. BuckinAround

BuckinAround Senior Member

Well I would say this is a good site for that. With just a little research under this forum many people post pics of all stages of their mares and even the outcome of foal size, udder side etc. At times, the foal is followed to during growth. Good luck.

3. prairiegirl

Thanks, I have done searches on here to try to learn about the stages but I'd like to see it all in one place and without searching eighty times with a ton of different search words. :) It's hard to piece together, I find, when I see one picture off one thread and then have to search again to find another. I am Googling it right now so I will post the link if I find a good one, I am sure a page like that would help alot of people out.

4. IkesLittleHope

IkesLittleHope Senior Member

5. canadianlover

canadianlover Senior Member+

ohh I am interested in this also :)

6. prairiegirl

Thank you IkesLittleHope, that was a great site. I appreciate your help. :)

7. horsecrazy124

horsecrazy124 Full Member

watch for a jelly type of a felling around the tail that extends to the hips and also watch her teets for a dripping or waxing .when she is getting lose she has about 1 to 2 week. DON'T STAY UP ALL NIGHT LONG WAITING FOR THE NEW FOAL not like i did. lol