Mane growth?

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by cowgurlshorty, Dec 31, 2018.

1. cowgurlshorty

cowgurlshorty Full Member

I don’t really believe it was an itch, they just liked trying to get the grass on the other side of the fence and the place had nasty cable wire that would snag the hair, my black mare did get a weird crusty fungus but I caught it and treated it before it got bad enough to be itchy. They get good feed with lots of nutrients and I give them a cup of canola oil a day in their feed, and this last summer we had no mosquitos due smoke from the bc fires that were burning last year not to mention it was hot, not prime mosquitoe weather at all last year. Not sure what midges are.

2. cowgurlshorty

This was they type of fencing wire they used mind you it they let it fray I’m places and where it attached to the main poles of the fence they didn’t trim it so it was fraying and caught hair(not to mention my paint got lots of scratches on her face because of this

Attached Files:

3. slc

slc Senior Member

A bridlepath? Really?

NBChoice likes this.
  4. cowgurlshorty

Yeah, I’m always concerned that I’m going to trim the path too long just by accident, and if I cut a bridle path I can’t do a running braid from the forelock to the whither in one braid

5. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

It will grow back lol

NBChoice likes this.