Lucchese boots help! how do they fit??

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by farmchick, Sep 21, 2009.

1. farmchick

farmchick Registered

I'm going to order a pair of Lucchese boots. I've always wanted to get a pair but they're so expensive and now i've finally found the ones I like and can afford! so if anyone has a pair of them how do they fit compared to ariat boots? Smaller, bigger, wider? Thanks!

2. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member+

I think they are a bit narrower.

3. tana

tana Senior Member

I use L's and Fat Baby's, L's are more narrow than Fat Baby's and your typical Ariat boots

4. farmchick

farmchick Registered

Thanks a lot guys that helps a lot.

5. PinkHorse

PinkHorse Senior Member+

Try on a pair before you buy. I really, really, really wanted a pair of Lucchese's a few years ago. I tried on a few pair and, for my foot, they are the most uncomfortable things going. Other people swear by them but they're not for me. I'll go with Anderson Bean's or Rios of Mercedes for a higher end boot.

6. horse345

horse345 Senior Member+

I have 3 pairs of Luccheses...I love them! I agree that you need to try them on before you buy them. I think I have 2 different sizes on mine because each boot can fit differently...even within the same brand (trust me, I worked for a western retailer for awhile).

7. StableSnob

StableSnob Senior Member

The type of hide makes a big difference on how they fit, IMO, so does the style of toe as well as which Lucchese "Collection". My ostrich Lucchese's (2000) fit very true to size (foot length/width wise). My goat hides (same size and toe style as my Ostrich) fit a little more narrow in the toe, and a smidge wide in the heel area, but still true in length as well as the instep.

8. farmchick

farmchick Registered

Thanks for the help. I don't think its possible for me to try them on before I buy because there is not a lucchese dealer anyway near where i live. And the ones i'm getting are the 2000 series ostrich.

9. Huntseatin593

Huntseatin593 Senior Member

I would have die to have a pair and then I tried them on.... It was a very sad day...

They did not fit at all like I thought they would. For me they were too narrow and tight fitting even with a bigger size than I wear. There weren't small in length just narrow and tight over my arch.

Do they have a return policy???

10. StableSnob

StableSnob Senior Member

Depending on who you ordered from, you should be able to return/exchange them pending they're in unworn condition. You may want to look into getting a C or D width which may fit you a lot better :)