Low profile helmets

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by StarPattern, Jan 29, 2019.

1. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

The last time I was in, I was eying up a helmet you had in... I think it was a BR or whatever. It was like carbon fibre or something? It looked pretty and really low profile. No clue what that one costs though.

I’ve had a CO JR8 (hated it) and currently have a Troxel Intrepid (I believe that’s the brand name). It’s okay, it fits nice... but it’s almost too round up top? Maybe I need a more oval shape?

2. StarPattern

Of course, but if it doesn’t look nice, I also won’t want to wear it. It’s a double edged sword, so I’m looking for the happy medium - a well fitting helmet that also looks nice and doesn’t make my head look like a giant ball on my neck. Haha

3. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

Most of the more current, modern hat designs are less bulky. Although I started out in CO hats, I ended up eventually with a GPA Speed'Air followed by a One-K matte which was my last helmet. (I'm no longer riding) My daughter also move to the One-K Matte from a series of CO and IRH helmets.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  4. funkybizniz

funkybizniz Full Member

I'm a OneK fan. I fell and hit my head in my OneK so I replaced it with a Kask which I originally liked the look of better, but I will definitely be going back to the OneK when I fall/it's time to replace this one.

5. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

That is the BR Viper, but its almost $300.

6. ColorMyWorld

ColorMyWorld Senior Member

My One K ultra fits me way better than any of my others ever did. I use it for good. I got it for $180 for on "helmet awareness" day.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  7. StarPattern

I was just in there, tried in on, fell in love with how it fit and looked. Apparently the club price is like $288? Even $300 for a helmet that I like the look of, that fits, isn’t that bad.

And it has crystals on it. Ugh. Haha. Now I’m hunting to see if it comes without crystals or if I have to remove the crystals myself.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  8. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

You can get it without the Crystals!

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  9. StarPattern

Really? I asked the woman who was working when I was there and she said, “no, it only comes with crystals”. Lol.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  10. draftmare

draftmare Full Member

I have a Charles Owen JR8 that I think is the most low profile helmet I have ever owned. I recently got the Trauma Void helmet and it felt super top heavy after using the Charles Owen!