Looking for a Standardbred pedigree database...

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by littlecelticpony, Jun 13, 2008.

1. littlecelticpony

littlecelticpony Senior Member+

Hi -

Looking for a little information about a mare. I tried All Breed Pedigree but didn't get any results. Any suggestions on where else I could try searching?

2. littlecelticpony

3. Christin_appy

Christin_appy Senior Member

Best bet is to contact the USTA

The U.S. Trotting Association is available to answer all of your questions about Standardbred horses and harness racing. Please feel free to contact us at
    (614) 224-2291, or E-mail our Publicity Department for more information.

You will need to provide her tattoo number on either her lip or neck.

4. littlecelticpony

Thanks for the response!!!! Unfortunately, all I have is her name. She was a patient at my clinic, and I fell in love with her foal - if he ever needs a home, I'd love to be first in line after his career. The problem is, I have no idea and no way of knowing what his registered name will be. I figured if I knew hers, and if there was a database somewhere, I'd be able to track him down in the future.

Definitely keeping that email address and phone # saved, though, in case she ever comes back into the clinic and I can nab the tattoo #!

5. Haas Horse Farm

Haas Horse Farm Senior Member+

What is her name? Have you said anything to the mare owner about wanting to know where he goes or what his registered name will be?

6. littlecelticpony

No, I didn't have any interaction with the owner/farm that owns her. I just took care of her and her foal while they were in with us. I'll PM you her name.

7. mrsungles

mrsungles Senior Member

http://pathway.ustrotting.com/search/index.cfm

This is what I used to find out about my Standardbred's pedigree and racing history...and his registered name. But then again, I have his tattoo number from his lip. Good luck! I found out so much cool stuff about my boy!

8. littlecelticpony

Wow! Thanks!!!! I definitely found her. I can't afford to pay to find out more about the farm that owns her (I'm assuming if you follow the link of the farm, it lists all their currently owned horses?), but I want to in the future!

9. littlecelticpony

Well, I found out who is sire is! He sounds like he was pretty hot stuff back in the late 1990's, but I'm not very educated on STB racing, even though I love watching it. I guess I'll wait a year or so and see if I can track him down when/if he starts his racing career!

10. Indypacer

Indypacer Full Member

We breed and race STBS.. Let me know here name i can look up some stuff on Pathway since I have a subscription.