1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Locked thread?

Discussion in 'Forum Help' started by Dona Worry, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

A thread I wanted to follow has been locked for no apparent reason --This one here.
    20 Month Old Filly
    What happened?

2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

You should just pm a Mod, not make a thread on it.

3. PureTrouble

PureTrouble Senior Member

Looks like quite a few replies are missing. I'm going to guess it got...heated.

4. PureTrouble

PureTrouble Senior Member

Let me take that statement back. All threads are locked from the OP...so there is more to the story

5. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

It was locked for a reason.

Jim
    Forum Moderator

6. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

She probably got tired of explaining over and over that the horse came from a bad situation. People don't seem to read and only want to push their opinions as far as they can go.

7. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Threads get closed for a lot of reasons.. you can request a thread to be closed if your question was answered. It appeared that the photos were older and the pony was not in what could be called good condition for a critique.

We have one of the few, if not only the forum that I know of that is not micromanaged to the point of aggravation. This you don't want to see as there's a lot of rein given here. It's not an issue to ever, ever, bring up on the boards. If you're curious, you contact management and ask personally. That's the proper protocol. Not by making an uncomfortable thread or bothering them having to explain on the board. It's actually not our business to question why. They get contacted enough by requests and reports etc.

I've seen forums that you get banned for making a thread like this. I kid you not. So, just realize things are run pretty well here. Not brown nosing either, it's just fairly obvious that things go on where they're asked handle things.

If you're interested in the situation with the pony, pm the OP and get a more personal view. Or wait till they start a new thread. It was a cute pony and I expect it's going to be much improved shortly and they'll be posting updates.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  8. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

I have been on forums for over ten years, and it baffles me that I have literally never encountered this before. . . If a thread was locked, a mod always said why--stolen content, OP request, user was a banned member returning, what have you.
    To see one just closed, no explanation, I honestly wondered if it was somehow in error. Just seemed so odd to me.
    Even on here, it seems most threads get a comment from a mod when closed, unless it is being closed for extremely obvious reasons.
    Oh well.... I guess I will wait, and either the OP will return or they won't.

9. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

I always thought it was weird that no explanation is given for some threads.
    Other boards I've been on always stated why it was closed.
    Oh well.