Lion Hair cut. . . . .

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by xx-crissy-xx, Nov 12, 2011.

1. xx-crissy-xx

xx-crissy-xx Senior Member

so I gave my cat a lion hair cut last night. . . I figured, I can save my horse, I can shave my dog, they don't shed as much and are easier to keep clean, so why don't I give my cat a hair cut too. . . it'll help my dad with his allergies, I won't have to change my bed sheets every other day because of the amount of cat hair and not as much will be on my clothing. . .

he doesn't seem to mind it anymore, I think he felt a little awkward without the hair but he is actually playing a lot more now. . . but he looks horrible. I mean really horrible. . . and because he looks horrible I feel really bad, so bad that I made myself throw up several times last night, because I got so upset. (and because the dinner I had ate out at wasn't very good either) :( but I just went a little clipper crazy last night after taking care of the wild furry beasts and taming them into horses.

but yeah, don't give your cat a hair cut unless you know what you're doing. . . shaving a cat is way different from shaving a horse or dog. . .

I think he's going to be hidden away when people come over. . . they'll laugh and I'll just feel even worse. :blushing::(

2. emali06

emali06 Senior Member+

And just before winter! I hope he's an indoor cat :)

By the way, allergies are affected by the dander of the cat not the hair. You are gonna have to shave his skin off too :p

I shaved my oldest dog once. He looked terrible and it didn't help with his shedding at all. I couldn't wait Til it grew out.

3. xx-crissy-xx

he is an indoor cat. he is usually panting at night because he insists on sleeping with me and my heated blanket. (I'm a big baby about the cold, I have my space heater on right now as well. . .)

but I am never doing that again. I have learned my lesson. I hope it is somewhat grown back in, in a month or at least by Christmas.

4. Tankstar

Tankstar Senior Member

Glad you both came out ok. Your right shaving a cat is way different then a horse or dog. Lucky the cat didnt eat you lol. Or cut him, as cat skin is much thinner and SO easy to rip open while shaving.

The above poster is right. hair isnt the problem with allergies, its the dander and saliva on the skin.

now where are the pictures lol

2 people like this.
  5. Stormyheart6160

Stormyheart6160 Senior Member+

Being a groomer....you did the absolute worst thing to your cat, by shaving it's hair. You should NEVER shave a cat, unless it's for a medical reason, and a medical reason ONLY!!

If you were having hair all over your bed, then regular brushing of your cat is what you should of done. I know a lot of people shave their cats, and only because it's more convenient for them. But, it will cause problems for the cat later on, if you continue with this practice.

I really wish people would do their homework first, regarding what they should or shouldn't do to their animals, and take into consideration the animals well being, before making the decisions they make.

A dogs skin is 10x thinner than a persons skin. A cats skin is 10x thinner than a dogs skin.......now imagine what you have done to this cat. ***sighs***

6. xx-crissy-xx

he was actually really good about being shaved, he just laid there and let me hack away at his fur. . . :frown: think I would have let him be if he had tired to fight. . . . he's a devil if I don't wake up with my alarm clock, that's when /I/ start losing hair by his teeth. . .

pictures. . . okay just one.

:blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing:

he's sleeping and I didn't want to wake him. he deserves at least that. . .

7. xx-crissy-xx

Stormy, I know and I will never be doing this again. I feel really bad about it. when I say I have learned my lesson, I really mean I have learned my lesson.

8. angie j

angie j Senior Member+

Honestly... I don't care what social/emotional/ physical damage you've done to the cat... the story was worth it!! I haven't laughed so hard reading a post in a long time.... How the heck did you pull it off??!! Why aren't you 'dead' now?? The mental picture I got was to die for!! ;)

ahem,,,, (sits up straight and puts on 'serious' mommy voice).. yea, as Stormy said... very bad for the cat... never again ;)

9. merle

merle Full Member

^ Yes, what she said. *shakes finger* And we needs to see the damage to this poor kitty.

*giggles in anticipation of pics*

10. xx-crissy-xx

*headdesk* I don't know if I can brave pictures just yet.:bawling: I'm such a horrible person.

but as I said, he just laid there and let me go to town.

I have just invested in another furminator for when I have fur to brush. I got a kitty sized instead of giant dog sized that belongs to my horse.