Ligament Detachment

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by Lil_Blue_Smurf0627, May 14, 2010.

1. Lil_Blue_Smurf0627

Lil_Blue_Smurf0627 Senior Member

Had xrays done yesterday of mysterious swelling in my mares knee. The diagnosis was that a ligament had been pulled away from the bone, along with bone spurs, and signs of arthritis. I can't find much information on what I'm dealing with, though. The vet said she pretty much won't ever be completely sound, but I want to make sure there's not something out there to be done. Anyone ever dealt with this or can enlighten me further?

2. pantha11

pantha11 Senior Member+

I have just copied and pasted this from another thread I just replied to...hope it can help you.

For ligament issues I have tried many thing from the vets and alternative and the best I have found and have had great results from is Flaxseed/Linseed oil...but it must be a cold compress oil.

When it is in the cold compress form, it has the omega 3's, this is what will help retention any ligaments, reduce inflammation...which helps sore aching joints and arthritis, it also help regenerate new cell growth....which is what your horse needs right now.

Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to play a part in keeping cholesterol levels low, stabilizing irregular heart beat (arrhythmia) and reducing blood pressure.
    In addition, they may act as blood thinners, keeping (arteries from "sticking"). [​IMG]

3. JBandRio

JBandRio Senior Member+

Which ligment? Pulled from what location?

4. Lil_Blue_Smurf0627

Lil_Blue_Smurf0627 Senior Member

"Medial lateral lig of left carpus pulled from bone" is the exact write up on my receipt. :]. I was so caught off guard when the vet was telling me this, that I don't think I was absorbing any information =[