Let's show off our dirty horses

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by turnnburnlynx, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Alyssa Hughes

Alyssa Hughes Senior Member+

Good thing my horse NEVER rolls!!! Most I ever get to clean off is when he accidentally lays in poop :ROFLMAO: :applaud:

turnnburnlynx likes this.
  2. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

It's normally poop and or urine stains (she actively seeks them out), but this was her after 30 minutes in the field the other day. She's typically either blanketed or just hosed off in the summer :rolleyez: Meanwhile the worst my chestnut ever gets is a little dusty. Figures. IMG_20181028_152817.jpg

Arem, Alyssa Hughes and turnnburnlynx like this.
  3. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

It’s the Hass Shimmel brush. Seriously it is freaking amazing!!!!! Clearly based on my photos. It’s made from Coconut Fibres :)

I blanket, but not till after The Royal (big tradeshow here in Ontario Canada). In my last job I was always away from like the end of Sept till after the Royal (it’s over mid-Nov), so I’m trying to keep with that tradition, as it means I don’t have to do “blankets on, blankets off” every other day thing, AND if I wait till then I can get away with just 1 clipping job for the winter. Now that may change with Unicorn - he seems to emit unicorn fibres all over the place & they stick to EVERYTHING! No other horse is like this, and I’ve owned greys before. I have been brushing him in my full length coat since the beginning of Sept - he’s just now finished shedding out all that summer coat....so I’m dreading the spring shed! I’ve been warned it’s horrific, so it’s likely I’ll end up clipping twice his year......but I can hope right??? But yes, soon it mine will be covered up too. :)

4. sunrisegurl146

sunrisegurl146 Senior Member

She ripped her rain sheet one spring, so I took it off as it was warm out. What a horrible, horrible idea LOL [​IMG]

Arem and Baboo like this.
  5. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

this was 5 minutes after being turned out naked, he'll be much worse tomorrow lol PSX_20181031_222702.jpg

Baboo likes this.
  6. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

7. Mayelix

Mayelix Senior Member

23252AD9-7B56-46F4-A340-CFB6336D92A0.jpeg This is probably the best photo I have...
    This pony is usually pretty clean, but this was hilarious. Both sides

8. Mayelix

Mayelix Senior Member

Does this work better than just a regular hard brush? I groom two BIG warmbloods who are white as white can get... I can usually get most of it off with a hard brush and the rest with cowboy magic... but lately one of them the stains do not come off - not sure if it’s his winter coat or what. The other still cleans up ok. I use this brush which just came from the feed store, believe the brand is “Legends.” I scrub back and forth over the stains more than “brush”

upload_2018-11-1_9-27-15.jpeg

9. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

Sorry Mayelix I don’t know that brush.

10. Parseghian

Parseghian Registered

This is how Parseghian enjoys his turn out... complete with boots just incase he did something silly.

Attached Files:

turnnburnlynx, Pony123 and ginster like this.