Lemme vent

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by RelaxMax, Sep 7, 2018.

1. RelaxMax

RelaxMax Senior Member

First off this isnt a big deal, but it seriously rubbed me the wrong way. Discussion is cool.

I had spring shots done before I switched barns so I havent had Max see a vet there yet. But, time for fall shots, of course. Ask BO if they group up with a certain vet, no, we use individual vets, but one other horse there uses the vet I'd been using at my old barn. Okay, cool! So I text that girl and tell her I'll go ahead and set up an appointment for shots/teeth check/coggins/whatever.

I call the vet and ask if I can make an appointment. RIGHT off the bat she is aggressive and rude (no receptionist, and I had to ask "Uh, is this Dr. X?" three times. Asks where I'm at. I give her the name of the barn.

Convo went like this.

Vet: I live an hour away. I'm not coming to that area.
    Me: X said you are her vet. I'm trying to schedule a regular appointment for both her and I.
    Her: I'm not taking new clients.
    Me: I'm an existing client, you've been my vet for almost 2 years.
    Her: Yeah but not at this barn. I wont take another horse there unless you want to add your horse while I'm already going out there.
    Me: Fine, bye

NEVER asked what kind of appointment. And, apparently being a client at a previous barn renders a new barn (that she already visits, mind you) null. I was trying to schedule for the horse you ALREADY do AND my horse, who you have seen multiple times, for the r e g u l a r visit that you are going to do anyway. But, alright, cool, forget the money youd get for sticking my horse with a couple needles for three minutes.

I get if I need someone closer for an emergency, but jfc.

Called my previous vet and they're happy to come out. AND they're further away than Ms. Whiny.

I dont get it

Alsosusieq2 and foxtrot like this.
  2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I betcha someone at that barn R~eeeeeally ticked her off and the sheer MENTION of the place got her hackles up.
    I betcha.

3. SEAmom

SEAmom Senior Member

My first thought was the same as Manes'. Someone had to really irritate her for her to refuse like that.

4. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

Yeah...someone at the barn p'd her off. Or other client doesn't pay their bills.

5. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

Wow. That's rude. I wouldn't use her ever again...

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

No idea save for probably a horrible day with no support staff (receptionist). Weird..

7. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

She must have a lot of clients to let one go over such a silly thing

RelaxMax likes this.