1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Leather Horse Bits for Sale

Discussion in 'Horse Classifieds' started by barrel_racer64, Feb 14, 2017.

1. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

I thought it is time to create an updated thread on my hand-stitched leather snaffles! I specialize in O-ring snaffles, but I do occasionally have other cheek pieces available and I can put a leather mouth on most types of cheeks. Other ideas or inquiries are always welcome!

You can buy them via PM here on the forum, or you can order them through my Etsy shop.
    by SweetBillysBits

My prices include shipping in the US, but world wide shipping is available at pretty reasonable rates.

Regular O-ring snaffle (2, 2 1/2, or 3" rings)- $30

Flat double stitched (Shown with 2 1/2" rings)
    16507506_10155185233922952_462244632_n.jpg
    Rolled (shown with 2" rings) photo (1).JPG

Bridleless "Meroth" style with a built-in chin strap- $40
    I like to do 2" rings on these for stability, but the other ring sizes are also available for this style. These are only available in the flat double stitched mouth.
    DSCN1046.JPG

2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Oh gorgeous, great prices still.;)

3. barrel_racer64

Thank you! I never think to take pictures, so the rolled bit is still my prototype, not the much nicer one I just made...

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  4. rhinebeck

rhinebeck Senior Member

I'm thinking I need a rolled to add to my collection to try.... hmmmm. Yes! But hubby would kill me if I spent money right away LOL I will be back!

5. barrel_racer64

Lol, I'll save one for you!

rhinebeck likes this.
  6. Smartee Pants

Smartee Pants Senior Member

Got to try my bit out on Smartee! I haven't ridden in a couple months so expected some shenanigans - didn't get any. He seemed to like it. Did some WTC in the ring and popped over some rails - with a bareback pad (yes, I was brave). I'll get pictures next time. He looked like a wooly mammoth this go round ;)

7. barrel_racer64

Woohoo on no shenanigans, glad he seemed to like it! Pictures are always welcome as well!

Smartee Pants likes this.
  8. barrel_racer64

Smartee Pants likes this.
  9. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

I decided I better order now before I have to spend my whole tax return on Dr's appointments and physical therapy for my ankle lol, who knows how long it will be till I can try it, but at least I'll have it when I can ride again lol. Do you do suggest to size up a bit for the meroth style? I'm thinking of getting a meroth and a rolled to see if she's got a preferance.

10. barrel_racer64

I've always done regular sizing, but some people order a size up, just depends on your preference. My bits are usually pretty "true" to size, if anything they run a hair big.