LBTQ+ in the Horsey Community?

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by erm, Jun 9, 2018.

1. RelaxMax

RelaxMax Senior Member

I see no disabilities listed, this means you are UNQUALIFIED to say anything there!

Jk of course

Cynical25 and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

A domestic terrorist group? I think the Trump Adm (?) was trying to stipulate that they were.

They absolutely are not and it's pretty much a smear that has worked now to influence, as many believe they are with all the negative connotations. Tell a lie often enough, people believe it.

Although many of your acquaintance friends are cops, it does not mean they are all decent and fair. I see across my board at Twitter many times incidents of police brutalising or outright killing poc.

The blue lives matter to me is a rebuttal that didn't need to be made imo, of course they do. Throughout our entire lives we were taught to respect cops. Not all cops are bad, but the ones that are are real princes and they influence others who are borderline.

The horse community is incredibly conservative. I see it all the time and particularly on social media. I'm a mid road, somewhat liberal Democrat and feel like the minority.. particularly in the western community. It surprises me not that there's discrimination, there'd be a lot more if less riders weren't gay, but many are.

To the OP, use good judgement. PDA really has never been truly been considered appropriate for anyone. It doesn't bother me, but those it does, it bothers a lot. You likely will not run across this in the future. As I said, I'm sorry you did.

ginster likes this.
  3. jojozwiebel

jojozwiebel Full Member

Maybe it's the fact I have family that works as law enforcement, but seeing police officers being gunned down makes me sick. I agree with keeping politics out of a horse show but I support police officers. If you want to complain about law enforcement, do not call 911 when you have an emergency.

HayleyS, Arem and Pirate like this.
  4. RelaxMax

RelaxMax Senior Member

No one was complaining.

foxtrot, Alsosusieq2 and mooselady like this.
  5. jojozwiebel

jojozwiebel Full Member

Ok.

6. foxtrot

foxtrot Senior Member

Not wanting to see "blue lives matter" at a horse show doesn't make me anti-police no matter how hard you try to twist it. And people who support Black Lives Matter are tired of seeing people gunned down too, so....

Why does everyone have to be loud and overt with their views now no matter what setting it is?

What happened to setting aside differences and behaving appropriately in a variety of social settings? Does everyone need to only associate with people who share their exact views now, to the point of intentionally trying to alienate people in advance by making sure every passerby knows their beliefs?

FYI I'm a conservative bisexual woman. Everyone needs to get over themselves and get out of their boxes. People are people, let's just try to be decent to each other and not mock other people/groups in a kid's costume class at a horse show... lol

7. jojozwiebel

jojozwiebel Full Member

I said I agree that politics should stay away from horse shows.

RelaxMax likes this.
  8. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

According to the same post on another board, while the Op is 15, her Girlfriend is 18, which led to some questions about consent, and adult and minor.

I am still wondering, LOL, in the English world around here, as well as many other places, there are many open gays, there are also some that are not so open. No one has an issue with it, and the good thing about jumpers, rather than hunters, is that if the rules are followed, there is no decision making..you jump clear, you have the fastest time, or nearest to the optimum, or however they judge, you win. I really struggle with this story.

9. ginster

ginster Senior Member

That's a weird statement. So people should just accept what (too many) police officers do?
    Isn't it still "to serve and protect"?
    If no one complains, nothing will change. I have seen so many videos of police officers being overly aggressive or violent, more towards poc but not exclusively so. I don't think that this is something people should keep silent about.
    As it is though, there are a lot of black people who do not call the police anymore because thry are afraid they end up dead....

foxtrot and NaeNae like this.
  10. jojozwiebel

jojozwiebel Full Member

There are plenty of bad apples... I completely understand that. If it's the officers fault they need prosecuted. But sometimes people forget that officers are people too. So officers wear body cams now. That's an example of how the protect both parties.

Arem likes this.