LBTQ+ in the Horsey Community?

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by erm, Jun 9, 2018.

1. foxtrot

foxtrot Senior Member

I'm not a supporter of BLM and yet a TON of people are. Some of which are probably at a horse show. So having a Blue Lives Matter costume, which is a direct counter to BLM and essentially flipping them off, causes needless hostilities...

It's not hard to understand... why do this at a horse show? You can put political stuff all over your facebook and your house but why make your kids do it at a venue that is supposed to be about horses? I don't get it.

Because Blue Lives Matter isn't just about supporting our police force, any more than BLM has no ulterior motives. It's a hostile counter to a hostile movement.

Being pro-police and wearing a police costume is totally different from using the inflammatory slogan.

NaeNae and mooselady like this.
  2. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I think ppl need to calm down and stop freaking out about everything. GO enjoy your life and stop obsessing about what everyone else is doing/saying.

lucky_pine, HayleyS, ~tiffy~ and 2 others like this.
  3. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Can you link to that for me...

ginster likes this.
  4. RelaxMax

RelaxMax Senior Member

/ stares /

ginster, Alsosusieq2 and foxtrot like this.
  5. RelaxMax

RelaxMax Senior Member

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with it, but it needs to stay out of a child's costume class.

6. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Maybe the kids dad is a cop? You never know.

Arem likes this.
  7. Cynical25

Cynical25 Senior Member

I'm a glasses-wearing, tattooed, firearms-owning, Catholic-raised-but-currently-agnostic, farm owning, Degreed professional white woman married to a Mexican woman, sharing custody of a child conceived through donor sperm with my now-transgendered Ex - something about my existence offends pretty much everyone so I chose to NOT be easily offended by others' beliefs.

And since I am not black, law enforcement, or immigrant, I cannot truly comment on what they personally experience - I can only trust that Black Lives Matter or Blue Lives Matter or Dreamers Matter actually IS something real and meaningful to them and not purely a political statement.

8. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Wow... you're right.. you pretty much covered all the "offend someone" bases :ROFLMAO:
    Go you! Be happy and live your own life! :applaud:

9. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Is it about being offended, or just asking about suitability?

In this modern world it is difficult....

I think that 100% of people would agree that to dress your 5 year old in a white sheet, with a pointy hat, and have them carry a simulated burning cross in a costume class would be bad taste.

Is it bad taste to have her dressed as a native Indian girl, complete with painted pony?

Is it OK to use your kid as promotion of a political point?

Is it all so difficult that we either give up costume classes or theme them, to avoid any issues...

10. foxtrot

foxtrot Senior Member

This is my point.

I don't care what your political views are, I just don't want to be subjected to them in a venue where it's inappropriate. Blue Lives Matter/Black Lives Matter/All Lives Matter ARE political statements.

I feel this way even if it's a view I share.

TIME AND A PLACE. Kid's costume class at a horse show isn't the place, ever.

RelaxMax, NaeNae and Circle C like this.