Latest on souvie been awhile

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by Misty H, Sep 26, 2018.

1. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

OMG, Misty, the poor gux is just suffering ine thing after the other. Really time to think about ending that suffering. We have heat all year. Florida only really cools down for a couple months, then he has to come off the meds and can't breath and suffers again, has to have Dex and, with all thatDex, you really don't want to come out one morning and have him need to be put down yesterday.
    I know you want to hear this but he's suffering.

Oaks, ginster, doublelranch and 3 others like this.
  2. Puddincup

Puddincup Senior Member

I agree. I've been contemplating how to say it all day, but honestly I would have put him down awhile ago. He can hardly walk in most of your descriptions and he can't be happy living like that.

I would talk to your vet about what he would reccomend. If he's any good, he has the horses best interest at heart but can only perform what the owner will allow.

Unless relocating Souvie soon is an option your funds are going to severely take a hit and the ending will be the same. :unsure:

3. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

To add onto this, you took him in when he was in a bad situation. You gave him love, and can give him a peaceful end. After that you can always take in another horse who needs love.

Our jobs as humans is to try and give them a dignified end and to not let them suffer. From the sounds of it you are trying your best for him, but he is suffering.