Latest Addition...

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by barrel_racer64, May 3, 2018.

1. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Oh, idk that. I thought she'd taken over the care of him in a boarding scenario etc. It's been ages since I read the op and thread.

2. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

I have a brand inspection and her papers are already in my name, so there is nothing they could do even if they did want her back. They have lots of money and plenty of horses though, so I'm not worried in the least. I'm not planning on sending him any pictures, I was just feeling a little like gloating about the change.

She probably doesn't quite qualify as well trained yet... she is definitely more marketable though. If its a situation where the owner potentially could get mad about the improvement and want the horse back, then I definitely wouldn't poke the badger! This guy is a pretty straight shooter though, so I wouldn't be worried in the least if I did send a picture.

3. peg4x4

peg4x4 Senior Member

Ok,I thought things were a bit more informal.. Yeah,I'd brag. "Isn't it funny what attention and good food will do"

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  4. barrel_racer64

Nope, it was a 100% legit sale. She is actually bred quite nicely. But yeah, mostly want to brag about what a little bit of feed will do for a horse... I've given her some attention most days, but the horses have kind of been on the back burner a bit. She is starting to come around though.

Alsosusieq2 and Arem like this.
  5. barrel_racer64

Well, Baly went out in the "big pen" with Remi and Hope for the first time today. There was no muss no fuss, they practically ignored her unless she looked at their hay...:eek2::eek2::eek2: I've actually been very pleasantly surprised with how well they are doing together. I was able to more or less walk right up to her and pet her even after she had been with them for a little while, I wasn't sure how she would be to approach with more space. She is still pretty spooky, but all in all she is coming around. I think being in with the "big" horses will help her a lot, especially since they are always happy to see me and meet me at the gate, and follow me around like big puppies.

AND you will all be pleased, I even remembered to take a few pictures. She has been here a month to the date June 1. Remi and Hope get to have their pictures in too just because they are cute:LOL: That is also her and Hope eating together, for height reference Hope is 14.2-14.3 I think. I also provided photographic evidence that she does actually wear a halter sometimes, and that she does actually lead, kinda.
    DSCN3467.JPG DSCN3469.JPG DSCN3471.JPG

Walking on a loose lead DSCN3473.JPG DSCN3479.JPG DSCN3481.JPG DSCN3487.JPG

6. ginster

ginster Senior Member

It is really amazing what a little tlc and quality feed can do..

7. barrel_racer64

Isn't it?? And its so simple. Its not like you have to spend hundreds a month on a feed program. Right now I'm feeding them a good 90/10 or so alfalfa grass mix hay that my dad grew, and ~1/2 lb Renew Gold.

Alsosusieq2, Arem and ginster like this.
  8. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Lordy, she's bloomed. Gorgeous!! Congratulations.

9. barrel_racer64

Thanks, she definitely is starting to fill out and look more like a horse and less like a drowned rat...

I went out to say hi to the horses, apparently I interrupted their nap time because all 3 of them were down and Remi was flat out. I was extremely impressed when Baly not only didn't hop right up when she saw me, but I was able to walk over to them and feed Hope and Remi some treats (Remi was still flat out when she ate hers:rofl::rofl:) and hang out for a half a minute before she hopped up. She let me step over and give her a quick wither scratch as well without moving. I'm thinking that it was definitely a good step to put her in with the big girls.

10. barrel_racer64

Little update from today, Baly went on her first big adventure today. We trailered up to my parents house today, so Baly went on her first trailer ride since I bought her. She also tied up for the first time (and was a complete angel about it), got to see some team roping, met some cows, and was led in tandem with Remi and Hope. I also discovered that she trusts me (sorta, lol), but pretty much everyone else is very questionable.