Latest Addition...

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by barrel_racer64, May 3, 2018.

1. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

She looks bigger than Mia, who is 15 months.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I am def not jealous of you guys' yearlings and I hope I never have to have another one. I'm so glad mine is finally a 2yo :rofl:

Alsosusieq2 and barrel_racer64 like this.
  3. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

Well, Baly spent her first night in the "big" pasture (aprox 7 acres) with just Remi. I ended up moving Hope to my parent's house yesterday so it would be easier to get some riding time on her, and Remi was not happy. Baly was pretty chill about the whole thing, while Remi was having a bit of a freak out. She was running around all over the pasture and Baly was just calmly following along just so she didn't get left behind. By the time we left them you could tell Baly was just like, chill, lets just sit here and eat some grass already! And Remi was settling down but was randomly running the fence line every so and hollering at our next door neighbors horses that she could still see/hear 1/4 mile away.

Went back to check on them today and grain them, they both pretty much walked right up to me and stood to be haltered, so it definitely seems that Baly might be getting close to being in the "easy to catch" category. She also hopped right in and out of the trailer yesterday, so all in all, its a good experience so far!

Sorry guys, no pictures today...

4. GONE ROPING

GONE ROPING Senior Member+

I sit here reading the post.. "Awe that's good!" Places finger over like button..... Hesitates.... :cautious:Voice in head says "but don't hit the like button and reward her for not putting pictures .. @barrel_racer64 needs to learn to add pics everytime..":LOL: I love your new filly!

5. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member

Every time I read this thread title, I read it as "Latest addiction." :rofl: And I think to myself, yes... horses are addicting. :rofl::willynilly::ROFLMAO:

6. barrel_racer64

Lol, there would probably be pictures every time, but I don't have a smart phone so I never remember to take a camera. I'll get a few pictures in the next few days. She is starting to fill out a bit more on the grass, I think Remi and Hope were running her off the feed a bit when they were all together. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that can see her potential! My dad saw her for the first time last week, and I really don't think he was very impressed with her at all... lol. She is definitely more of a diamond in the rough than most of the projects I get.

Yes, yes they are. But there are much worse things to be addicted to! :rofl::charge:

This is how my hubby feels about them some days...:cautious::eek:o_O:oops::alien::willynilly::willynilly::crazy::crazy2::help:

7. barrel_racer64

No real update today, aside from saying that Remi and Baly are still learning that the llamas/alpacas (its the same to me...) in the field across the street are not actually going to eat them... Remi took about 30 minutes to eat her grain that usually takes her maybe 5. Baly went ahead and scarfed hers down since Remi was in between her and the hairy monsters.

I did remember to take the camera though! Baly wasn't being the most cooperative, and I think she is going through a very awkward stage, so none of them are great. Remi gets to join the fun just cause she is perty.

Coming to meet me at the gate:
    DSCN3565.JPG DSCN3568.JPG DSCN3569.JPG DSCN3574.JPG DSCN3588.JPG DSCN3593.JPG DSCN3599.JPG DSCN3606.JPG DSCN3608.JPG
    DSCN3624.JPG

8. GONE ROPING

GONE ROPING Senior Member+

Yay pics!!! She looks good!

Aaaaaannnnndddddd..... Feel free to post pics of Remi ANY TIME!! She is a gorgeous girl!! Love her!!

9. barrel_racer64

I made sure that I got pictures just for you!

Thanks, I'm completely thrilled with how Remi is maturing. My pictures never do her justice though.

Alsosusieq2 and GONE ROPING like this.
  10. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

I hid Mia in the back pasture when she was going thru her wonky stage. :rofl:

That wide blaze is going to be awesome when she's all grown up.