Kicking a boarder out? :/

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Caoimhe, Jan 7, 2017.

1. slc

slc Senior Member

So there you are, in Alaska, dumping frozen water from frozen buckets, and rueing the day you met the...albatross. Would you tell her she needs to leave in 60 or 90 days, and that until she leaves, she needs to follow your new rules or you'll have the sherrif remove her even sooner (and hope Alaska has no horse boarder eviction laws, lol, or that she never finds out what they are)?

That way, you've got something of value that she wants (time to find a new place). That damoclean sword hanging over her head might help her behave.

My main concern is not for her at all, so much as for her horse, but more so, for you. You're a decent person and you deserve to have your "boarder"(??) on a leash. I think you really need to white board this one, for the rest of the time she's there.

She needs to know CLEARLY what she needs to get done. And if it's on a board, it can't be argued or denied or whined away.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

It sounds to me like she's got a Narcissistic personality manifested in entitlement.
    She wants it for free and wants it her way. Nope, bye bye pain in the butt.

equicrzy, Varisha and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  3. Tige Ress

Tige Ress Full Member

Your barn you rules. End of conversation.

She is acting like it is HER barn not YOUR barn.

4. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Sounds like she should sell her horse if she is unable to pay for board...

5. Caoimhe

Caoimhe Senior Member

Thank you everyone for the advice, I just needed to vent and get advice on this situation that I have completely let get out of hand.

I will keep this thread updated for sure.

I really do wonder how she will afford her horse when she has to move. I'm just tired of basically paying for her horse and the attitude. :/

6. Garfield70

Garfield70 Senior Member

Give her clear rules about hay, chickens etc in writing (let her sign them) that include a warning that if she doesn't comply she is has to leave your premises within ... weeks. If another incident happens you evict her. It's your premises, you make the rules, if she doesn't like them, she has to go.

If you are fed up with her in general, don't give her another chance, just get rid of her.

equicrzy likes this.
  7. meljean

meljean Senior Member

Agree with telling her to move.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  8. slc

slc Senior Member

I went through different phases as I aged. First, the 'any problem can be solved, kumbayah' stage. I grew out of that. Thank God.

9. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator Staff Member

This was exactly my thought. Up the board significantly and she will make her way out.

VermilionStrife and Caoimhe like this.
  10. NYEventer

NYEventer Senior Member

Not your problem and you should not feel guilty in the least. Sounds like you have been beyond accommodating. I would have kicked her to the curb a long time ago.

equicrzy and ginster like this.