Keto Questions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by equinitis, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

It's really not a healthy way to eat.

NaeNae likes this.
  2. stardozer

stardozer Senior Member+

That’s what my mom told me. We both do weight watchers. She lost 60 pounds on it and I lost 50 but gained half back :blushing:

3. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

It's hard to keep it off. I've gained about 25lbs since movingback here from TX due to health issues.... I really need to get a gym membership and get my butt in gear, but I just don't have the drive to do it right now.

It's best to eat a healthy, balanced, clean diet , exercise and watch your portions.

4. stardozer

stardozer Senior Member+

Where do you live again? I know you’re by me.

5. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Meadville.

6. angie j

angie j Senior Member

My daughter and I did a Kito diet because she had a fatty liver (other health issues involved). After 8 months, retesting showed a normal liver. Low carbs in not unhealthy. We, as a society eat way more carbs and sugar than is necessary to thrive. If nothing else a Kito diet helps you find recipes that greatly reduce sugar/carb intake so that you can learn to live a more healthy lifestyle.

Doing it to lose vast amounts of weight is never a start down a healthy road.

palimino57, NaeNae, Fire Chik and 2 others like this.
  7. Arem

Arem Senior Member

8. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

Honestly, any super strict diet is not a healthy way to eat.

My fiance did keto (not insanely strict and didn't test for keytones) for a while and lost about 30lbs. Now we just loosely follow a keto diet.

I make keto style desserts if we want dessert snacks, to cut down on carbs. We eat mainly meat and veggies anyways, so that didn't really change. He stays a bit more away from fruit, but I find I need the natural sugars in fruit to keep me going some days. We don't buy processed foods, almost ever, typically only the odd bag of chips. We don't keep bread in the house, but will eat it if out somewhere and it's part of the meal.

I think following it loosely is great. Cut out sugar as much as you can, it's horrible for you, certain carbs have their place, but as was mentioned earlier, the North American diet has way too many processed carbs and sugars in it.

Weight Watchers is ridiculous in my opinion. A bunch of my coworkers are on it, and all they learn to do is follow the certain foods. They don't learn how to have a balanced diet with everything, they just learn that "these foods are BAD".

DocsLglyBlonde and Circle C like this.
  9. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I agree with pretty much all this. I mean... we already know sugar and processed foods aren't healthy so eating a balanced, CLEAN diet is the best thing you can do. Unfortunately, people take all these crazy fad diets to the extreme and that's not healthy.

ginster likes this.
  10. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

Yup. It's crash dieting and promotes yo-yo-ing.

Circle C and ginster like this.