As some of you may know, I sold my mare and bought a new horse. For those of you that would like to follow, here it goes... "J.R." - 2006 AQHA gelding. I got him in mid Sept after I got back from vacation. He was broke and used as a trail horse, but only ridden 3-4 times in the past year. He was hippo fat, buddy sour and spooky, but decently broke. This photo was taken in August before I brought him home: I started riding him 4-6 days a week. We started with some trail riding, loping circles and some basic arena work (side passing, bending, counter bending, roll backs, pivots, etc.). This photo was taken around mid Sept: I worked up to riding him 6 days a week and workouts got longer. He was starting to turn into a broke horse and was riding nice. These photos were taken around the end of Sept (don't mind my comfy riding pants lol) : Around this time, I started to work him on the barrel pattern. B/c he was so broke, he took to the pattern very easily and very well. This comparison photo was taken around Oct 1st: I exhibitioned him last weekend and he did really well. He is going to his 1st show this coming Sat, so I will update at that time.