Joseph Newcomb Dressage

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by CarlisleChipper, Oct 24, 2018.

1. CarlisleChipper

CarlisleChipper Senior Member+

Here to share another awesome YouTube channel to check out. If you like beautiful men, horses, and facilities.... :love:
    I'm sorry y'all, we've been cooped up in Texas and I've resorted to watching other people ride since I can't. Enjoy!
    Joseph Newcomb

2. slc

slc Senior Member

Joe's pretty good. Most 'multi-discipline' people will swoon when they see someone doing dressage and using a rope halter, lol. But in fact he's pretty good. His more philosophical comments on dressage really should be listened to as well. What he talks about, a lot of people really need to hear.

Mistral and CarlisleChipper like this.
  3. CarlisleChipper

I think he's only a year older than me. Is he single? what makes me swoon is when he talks about something you should do or train and it's something I already do. Little confidence boosts here and there. He will now be my internal narrative voice when I'm schooling by myself. I'm such a goofball, I left him a comment saying I could listen to him talk all day and he "loved" my comment. Oh geez I have too much time on my hands.
    Obviously as I've exhausted the videos from Schramm Equestrian! I used to have an equestrian coach subscription that I won online when it was a new business several years ago. That was a great resource as well.

4. slc

slc Senior Member

Honey he bats for the other team.

manesntails and heartland like this.
  5. CarlisleChipper

6. slc

slc Senior Member

I don't care who a dressage trainer likes as long as it is consenting adults. If he's a good trainer he's a good trainer.

CarlisleChipper likes this.
  7. funkybizniz

funkybizniz Full Member

You really shouldn’t care who likes who... regardless of what place they have in the horse world

I also like his videos, I’ve been watching for a little while. I really like how chill he is about everything and has a calm philosophical approach to working with his animals.

8. slc

slc Senior Member

I won't give money to a trainer who's ever been convicted of abusing kids or animals. That is where I draw the line.

Joe is one of the gentlest kindest people I've ever seen work with a horse. He's extremely patient.

ginster likes this.
  9. funkybizniz

funkybizniz Full Member

That’s where you draw the line? Not just being rude to their students/workers or political illiteracy? My point being is that there’s no need to comment on a trainer’s position at all.

I too like Joe, and his videos are very insightful and have good information.

10. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Hmmmm...he needs a pair of Wranglers, a Resistol western hat, and swinging his leg over a western pleasure horse...THEN you have my attention.

manesntails likes this.