I've Got It Made training thread

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by BipolarHonor, Mar 26, 2017.

1. BipolarHonor

BipolarHonor Senior Member

Yeah when she gets back home I'll have the vet out to give her a look and rule out as much as possible. The trainer said she was totally calm and then its like a switch flipped and she went crazy jigging and fighting until she let her work then she was happy but when they were done she saw she had bled.

2. BipolarHonor

She did get a nebulizer treatment back in February and a bunch of junk was cleaned out. our indoor here is very dusty im wondering if her lungs built up with junk when the okd trainer woukd ride her and then when she went to this new trainer and started fighting and working herself up if that caused it.

3. BipolarHonor

Hopefully that's it. I can deal with get nebulizer treatments and supplements if that's what she need but if its a stress thing idk about that

4. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

She did race on Lasix every time out.

5. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Unfortunately, id say she's a bleeder then and this isn't the first time.

6. BipolarHonor

Boss gives lasix to pretty much everything from the start so they don't risk a bleed and because if they bleed they have to be off for 30 days or something like that. We never saw her bleed in training but barrel trainer said that doesn't mean she didn't bleed and it just wasn't enough to show externally. She came home Friday and is just hanging out right now putting back on the weight she lost and letting her lungs heal.

7. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

If your looking for a competitive barrel horse, then I would move on. IMO, this isn't the horse. I wouldn't pick an OTTB as a prospect anyways, but especially not a hot, nervous bleeder. There are too many nice horses out there to deal with one that already has a load of issues. But, that's JMHO.

I hope it works out for you and I wish you good luck on your journey.