1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

It's Official...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sam C., Jan 10, 2017.

1. Sam C.

Sam C. Full Member

I'm now enrolled in college!

After six college visits, endless application forms, and many, many, (many...) sleepless nights, I am officially enrolled for the Fall of 2017 at Saint Mary's University in Winona, MN.

I'm exited to see where this is going to take me, but I'm going to be so bummed about leaving the horses at home. Any tips for life away from horses?

2. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

That is very EXCITING! Did you declare a major ? What are your interests?
    How far will you be ? Maybe your can find a barn to take a weekly or biweekly lesson to get some horsey time.

3. Sam C.

Sam C. Full Member

No major yet, I'm going in Undecided. As of right now, I'm leaning towards something Biology-related, possibly in the medical field? Or maybe I'll go all-in and live out my childhood dream of becoming a vet! :p

I'm hoping to find somewhere to ride nearby, I just don't know the area very well yet. Depending on whether or not I participate in track will determine if I even have time to ride. :D

4. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

Winona has a large equestrian center where a lot of aqha shows are held, well, used to any way, haven't been there in a while. There is a fairly large horse community in Minnesota, that is for sure.

Glad you got in, and are happy with your decision. If you are from Minnesota, you know about the cold, if not - buy warm boots, coats, hats and mittens! There are several Minnesota posters on here.

5. Sam C.

Sam C. Full Member

I'm a native Minnesotan, I know all about these winters. :ROFLMAO: I don't have many (any) connections in the horse world because I don't show, so I'm not on the up-and-up with horsey hot spots in MN. It's good to know that there's facilities over there, at least! Thanks for the info!

bobo and horses likes this.