It's been a while!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by aeternal, Jul 11, 2018.

1. aeternal

aeternal Senior Member

Hi everyone!

It's been, well, literally years since I've logged on, and I'm sure many of you don't remember me or my horses, however, I think when I quit coming on I had recently gotten a young Morgan filly, 8 months old, named Freya, who I planned to use for dressage in the future. I also had a 12-13yo Morgan mare named Alice who I had rescued, and she is on a long-term lease in Iowa these days.

I ended up moving to Chicago and keeping the filly in Michigan and having her started, and she's now 5. I go back to Michigan regularly to work with her, and am planning to move back soon so I can finish her training and get back to my more normal life since I have realized that I'm, well, not a city person. Who could have guessed that one!

Anyway, I figured I would post about my young mare and show you all some updated photos. She's turning into just about everything I could ask for in a mare, in fact, even more, perhaps. She's about 15.2 and although she's probably nearly done growing height-wise, she is nowhere near done filling out as she's an older, sport-type Morgan. She already needs a wide tree! She's super steady for a greenie and her idea of taking off is trotting fast which kind of amuses me. She's a little (a lot) nosy and impatient but she's still young and green, especially since, until I move back, she gets worked pretty inconsistently. It's pretty crazy that this young horse who is still very green can sit for a few months and then you can get on her and she's still good as gold.

reminder of Freya as a baby

[​IMG]

Her as a two year old

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And her over the last year or two, with some of me as well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pictures/update and I hope you're all well!

Logan and Freya

2. Larkspade

Larkspade Senior Member

welcome back! what do you plan to do with miss Freya?

3. aeternal

aeternal Senior Member

The plan is still dressage! Hopefully next year we will be ready to start doing some basic shows!

4. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Very nice and welcome back!

Arem likes this.
  5. DriftwoodsQHs

DriftwoodsQHs Senior Member

I remember your beautiful girls! Freya is looking amazing! How is Alice doing? Any current pics of her?

6. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Lovely, welcome back!!

7. heartland

heartland Senior Member

I remember Freya and Alice! Freya is stunning now! Love Morgans :heartbeat:

8. aeternal

aeternal Senior Member

I'm so happy to see so many familiar names, oh my gosh!

Thank you!!

Oh gosh, let me ask her leaser! I'm sure I could get some for you all!!

Thank you!!

Ah thank you so much!

She really is a lovely mare and honestly her temperament is more than I ever could have imagined. She's definitely a little behind the other two foals at the barn from 2013 in terms of training, but everyone always comments on how much steadier and reliable she is than them - and they're stock horses! Morgans have a reputation for being hot and tbh Freya is the furthest thing from hot I could imagine haha. Tons of personality but not hot. Born steady.

I actually had my mother, who hasn't ridden in a few years, up on her, just to walk around, because she is THAT steady. Her noseband is a little loose but this was basically just a pony ride so not a big deal, but this was my mom's first time riding since her old instructor died of breast cancer (hard for both of us - her instructor was the person who basically raised me in terms of horses and was like a second mother to me, but since I moved barns I hadn't seen her as frequently) and obviously also her first time up on Freya, plus her first time on a greenie period. So I was really proud of both of them, Freya for being so steady and my mom for trusting me that I knew my horse and that she would be fine enough to get on her, haha!

(also, excuse her standing awkwardly, I think I mentioned she's still an impatient youngster and trying to set her up to take a decent picture without her moving is Very Difficult)

[​IMG]

9. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Hey, you! Welcome back! Glad to hear you and your horses are doing well. I hope you stick around and keep us updated! :D

GotaDunQH likes this.
  10. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

You HAVE been missing for a long time~!!
    I remember the horses as well.