It’s Child’s Play.

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by mooselady, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

Yikes, poor Chuck, doesnt sound like this lady had any business jumping.

Glad things seem to be coming together for you and Chuck tho! He sounds like good boy, and so handsome too!

2. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Nope she didn’t, to be fair it was only a teeny pole, but Chuck does not do things by half!

He is very easy, and also hard to ride, no school master for sure! Hopefully I can get him paid off next month, and then he will be all mine, no one else will get to play, unless they are on the very short list of people that I will allow to ride him.

Alsosusieq2 and ~tiffy~ like this.
  3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Amen to that ML, looks like a good fit for you though. Very good looking boy, love your halter pic. ;)

4. wpgrider

wpgrider Senior Member

That's pretty scary/unfortunate about the client. Glad he's working out so well for you!

5. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

What a STAR.

First show with Chuck done, and it was fantastic.

He is just so laid back about life, such a difference from Fergie, he just hangs out and chills, no box walking, or ramming the door, I had to check that this is him being normal, because if Fergie had been like that I would of thought she was at deaths door. The biggest problems with him, for such a big guy he is a picky eater, so you can’t give him too much at once, or he gets bored, so little and often is his thing, water also has to be spotless, so plenty of water runs going on.

First test up was a walk trot test, felt pretty good, Coach went and got my scores, asked me what I thought I had scored, I guessed maybe 65...it was actually 69...OK, so that set the bar high. Scored 70 in the next test, then, 72 and 71 for the canter tests, I was so delighted. Sunday similar scores, apart from the last test of the day, she thought Chuck was tired, actually I was, 4 tests a day, on reflection was too much, but heck we did it. Better than scores or placings I learned to trust him even more, loved it when coach pointed out 3 things that happened outsidevthe ring, that she thought he might react to, but I hadn’t even noticed them, and so nor did he. If my geometry has been better, if I could of kept the feel throughout, and been better at setting him up for some things, we would have done even better.

So now I’m officially out of Walk Trot classes.....we will be training level one stuff from now on I guess.

So first show, 5 wins, 3 seconds, prize for second highest score of the show....set myself a scary level to build from...such a good horse, I’m so lucky to own him.
    After his bath, he is the most beautiful rose grey when wet. He scrubbed up really well, and was so clean and floofy after his bath.
    1585972D-01F2-49E0-8C4C-49A31FFA6C9B.jpeg

Handsome boy enjoying a walk outside, when he was totally calm, and not spooking at everything, or screaming because he was out in his own.
    AEB90E89-23A7-4B98-8269-6B8796410B6E.jpeg

Cutie

83B1E92E-64C6-444F-9B1B-F07BC276D53E.jpeg

So high stressed at shows.
    BECBDB75-C7F4-46B1-A167-49EB841B622D.jpeg

Pretty ribbons.
    DB5F4862-D1AD-40F5-83B2-B6AFE92A122B.jpeg

One of the few pics I don’t hate

03A14025-5B04-4CCA-8745-CFFCBBB853C0.jpeg

So here I am, hoping Chuck feels a lot better than me today, because I feel old, and stiff and hurting...I’m to old for this :poop:.....

6. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

Congrats! You two look wonderful!

mooselady likes this.
  7. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

Moosey this is SO WONDERFUL! I'm so excited for you and Chuck to continue. He sounds like such a wonderful guy finally dropped into your lap.

mooselady likes this.
  8. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Congratulations, you two!!
    Greys and you, Moosey. Made for each other.

mooselady and Rhythm 'n Blues like this.
  9. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

:cheerleader:Yay! Sounds like a great experience for your first show together! So happy for you guys!

10. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

I guess I’m just a grey gelding kind of girl, but I wouldn’t of missed the red mare experience!

ginster likes this.