It’s Child’s Play.

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by mooselady, Jan 12, 2019.

1. funkybizniz

funkybizniz Full Member

Of course. Sometimes unfortunately we have to 'make do' until they develop a little to find something that will work well.
    Your best bet is probably to try some saddles out and see what works best, though I'm sure you already know that. You could also post some pics of what you have. I'd be interested just to see some good pictures of his back from a few angles.

2. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Everything is cancelled again this weekend, snow, blowing snow, and Arctic temps...I had to go over and get some barn time. Spent time grooming, massaging, just getting to know him.

Took him the arena for a run around

I think he had fun.

kodemiester, ginster and Pony123 like this.
  3. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Life up here continues to be a struggle with the Arctic temps, so have not ridden. Spending time getting to know him, and doing his stretches and massaging, a little lunging, and watching him run in the arena.

He did manage to head butt something a couple of weeks ago, fortunately the vet was on site, and we decided that while stitching was an option, no harm in cleaning it up and letting it heal, so we did. I thought that the flap might die off, but at the moment it seems to be healing in. The day after
    4B29D9CD-AE34-44B0-8855-6C36A6402604.jpeg

You can just see the knot here, he was enjoying a session with the magnetic therapy boots here

5B59F3EC-0187-4F84-9DA5-D2B88672594C.jpeg

Enjoying a butt massage

883A2623-A7F4-4360-B80A-C1455AEE7F5C.jpeg

He was shod on Saturday, wears shoes on front, so I actually have a pair of shoes from him...first time in years I have owned a shod horse...The farrier was saying when Chuck first arrived in the barn he came with a halter with a metal noseband, the instruction was “he needs it for shoeing” I’m told he was a bit nervous to start with, but they never used it here! Yesterday was flu shot day, they were all done last year, but it’s a different strain now, so the whole barn was done again.

Now have three show entries in, first one in 6 weeks, I thought I was joking about doing walk trot, but unless I can get some saddle time I might have to amend my entry to just that!

NaeNae, foxtrot and ginster like this.