ISPMB update (2017)

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by CoffeeBean, Oct 19, 2017.

1. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

It's October, the mares have foaled, in at least one photo it appears that a mare is pregnant and this was posted on the 13th.

If my memory hasn't let me down, she is legally limited to 40 horses on that property. I hope to **** that someone in one or both counties is doing their job and ensuring that the population doesn't go over 40. Otherwise, we're going to see a repeat of last year's crisis, but I doubt with as many resources available to save the horses from her.

2. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

The settlement prohibits the society from allowing its 20-horse herd to grow beyond 40 horses during the next five years and says the horses will be seized if that happens. Among other conditions, the settlement requires the society to undergo, for the next 18 months, quarterly veterinary inspections and other inspections as scheduled by the sheriffs of Dewey and Ziebach counties (the county line is straddled by the society’s ranch), and to pay the counties a total of $10,000.

3. D_BaldStockings

D_BaldStockings Senior Member

So they are still permitted to fund raise?

How are they still or were they never a legal charitable organization?

You know, money is the biggest 'reward' in a capitalist country like ours. Giving $ to this sort of thing just reinforces the bad behavior.

I don't see a way around it.
    Maybe if they made them forfeit a horse each 30 day period they make a plea like this: eventually they would run out of horses aka funding reasons.

4. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

It may have been revoked. If the state didn't revoke them though, the IRS is stretched so thin it's unlikely they will have either. Honestly though, this charity has now cost SD so much money it would be pretty crazy if they didn't revoke it.

GuideStar:Demo-Organization Report
    Scroll down - it lists the 990s from 1998 - 2015.

This is 2015 (990 finder)

http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pdf_archive/946/946169422/946169422_201512_990.pdf

I'm still recovering from surgery yesterday, so I'm not going to read through it. I don't need my blood pressure to skyrocket. I'm already upset that the 2016 990 hasn't been filed. I would use colorful language here, but it is a family-friendly site, so I'll refrain.