ISO a black bridle & reins

Discussion in 'Horse Classifieds' started by mybigredqh, Feb 16, 2017.

1. mybigredqh

mybigredqh Senior Member

I am ISO a horse/full sized black bridle to match my new saddle. I am having a hard time finding a black bridle that is not geared towards dressage. I am looking for a figure 8, flash, or regular hunter bridle. Preferably rubber reins. Would also love to find a 48" black leather girth? Anatomical or fancy stitch??? No set budget and will pay with PayPal.
    [​IMG]

2. CJ

CJ Senior Member

I may have one, just have to check if its horse size or a cob. Came with plain black leather reins, none of it used yet. House kept. Will check size tonight or AM. Not sure if tags are still on it, but it wasnt expensive as leather sets go.

3. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Theres a C on one of the straps coming down from the crown. The adjustments are run almost all the way Up and measure 15" from mid crown to noseband, with 3" worth of holes on Both sides left. Browband and noseband are discreetly whitelined, and the noseband has a flash loop but the actual piece is awol. Currently has a 4 3/4 hollow snaffle on it for BOs Haffy, but she hasnt worn it. No new tags, theres a sticker on one buckle from being in consignment. I do have a pic if it doesnt sound totally wrong.

4. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

I have a gorgeous one. Flash with Fancy stitch. I'll come back with pics. Made in England really nice leather. Monocrown. I have a few black reins to choose from too
    FB_IMG_1487377029652.jpg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  5. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Whats your budget like?
    Scored a used but still nice Tony Slatter with clincher browband and white lined nose, flash loop but strap missing, paired with black web reins. Horse size, 16" midcrown to noseband, with 5-6" of adjustment left on the cheek pieces. New's are not cheap, this could at least be reasonable.

6. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

You can buy a black bridle from Sabre bridles in the UK for about $225 USD less reins if your budget will allow for it. They offer figure eight, plain, flash and drop. They also have clearance bridles. I really like Sabre because the quality is there, and they are handmade in the UK where the employees are paid a fair wage, and work in decent work conditions (I haven't seen the sabre shop myself so I can't say good, or excellent conditions)

Otherwise Elaine at Uisce Saddlery, in Dingle Ireland will make you a custom bridle for about $180, again she handmakes her bridles to order, and sets her own working conditions and hours.

Fancy That likes this.
  7. skywards

skywards Registered

Aw man, I just consigned one that would have been perfect and I'd have practically given away.

8. aFlamingAngel

aFlamingAngel Senior Member

I have a black KL Select with raised and fancy stitch even on the reins. PM if interested.

9. Baylily

Baylily Senior Member

I have a 50" County Logic, brand new with tags and a stunning Dy'on figure 8 bridle, used one time, unfortunately just too big for my horse (its horse/full size).

10. Hackatit

Hackatit Full Member