Featured Is this normal? (Colt penis.....pictures)

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by livaliljequist, Sep 2, 2008.

1. livaliljequist

livaliljequist Senior Member

Today I noticed my little colt tucker had his penis descended more then usual and I seen this.......I don't think it is normal. It isn't swollen and he let me handle it. It doesn't look infected, red, or anything......It doesn't seem to bother him......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dancers Mom

Dancers Mom Senior Member+

Wow that does not look normal. So it has not always been like that? It kind of looks like it just did not fuse together but I don't know. It is open so anything can get inside of it? I would keep it really clean until you can get the vet to look at it.

3. sorrell

sorrell Senior Member+

It looks like he has had a tear in the foreskin. Probably will not hurt him, but might get the vet to look. It could trap dirt more easily.

4. 4hooves4me2

4hooves4me2 Senior Member+

Holy smokers-I would get that checked-lol, looks like someone took a bite out of someones goods there.

How old is this colt? It looks torn to me...

5. livaliljequist

He is almost 2 months old.....today is the first day I noticed this and I always look him over and mess with him......today is the first day that I have noticed that he had it that far out so I looked. He is still bouncy and hyper and his mood is the same. I got a spray bottle and cleaned him up and used some mild soap........I did pull that flap down but it went right back to where it was when he pulled it back in. I will have my vet come out and look at it.

This is him
    [​IMG]

6. BuddyPalAmiga

BuddyPalAmiga Senior Member+

Oh My!!! He is just adorable!!!!!!!!!!! I don't usually like blue eyes, but on him it is incredibly stunning!:) Congratulations!

But have the vet check that handsome guy out just to be on the safe side:) And if you ever decide to part with him, he would look great in my pasture - just box him up and ship him off with the next UPS man to go by:):)

Beth

7. livaliljequist

Well the vet came by and said that stitching is not going to work because of its location, it's not infected, and that Tucker is going to be one big boy [​IMG]. He said that is he starts acting different and it looks red to give him a shot of penicillin and to make sure I keep it clean.......

8. Last Knight

Last Knight Senior Member

Was the vet crossing his legs as he said "no sutures"? LOL

Poor little guy! He is adorable, but evidently was putting his goods where they didn't belong.... :)

9. Luna9

Luna9 Senior Member+

He has got the most adorable face and bottom lip :p I love him! Very handsome!! :D Good Luck with his ordeal there. What could have happened???

10. livaliljequist

some others think it might be a birth defect so I called the vet back and talked to him about it......he said it might be a possibility since it doesn't appear to have been cut, no scaring, scabbing, irritation. He said when I bring him in to get gelded and this hasn't resolved itself we will see what we can do to "Fix" it. He said in the mean time keep it clean. He also said he would call around to some of his other equine vet friends and see if someone else had dealt with this and what they did.....

Yay!!!! Daily wee wee handling!:rolleyes: