Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Puddincup, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Puddincup

Puddincup Full Member

I keep see these amazing english equestrian outfits, classy, clean, straight lines. Preppy stuff ya know?
    But I ride western. I'm looking to expand my riding attire but I keep getting drawn to these gorgeous breeches, boots, and riding jackets.
    What's a girl to do? I don't want to look strange in breeches in a western saddle I usually just wear jeans and a tshirt. Any recommendations or pictures of what you wear?

I'm wanting to get lessons in dressage so I'll probably end up buying breeches and boots for that anyways.

Nu5ha likes this.
  2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Cross dress~!! :p

I wear english riding tights under my C. Hinks (can't write it as one word or it gets starred out.)
    Riding tights are more comfy than breeches and the suede knee patches look cool.:D

3. secuono

secuono Senior Member

They make breeches that look like jeans...maybe that's a happy medium?

Breezah and TheSnowLeopard like this.
  4. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

I have too many lumps for breeches - jeans kinda even them out and hold the excess tighter, lol. Tho, was n my dreams, I'm a slim hipped, non sagging, no cellulite 20 year old, who also has all the perky parts in all the right places.

Plus, I don't have a muffin top. But, this is in my dreams.

magoo320mj likes this.
  5. Breezah

Breezah Senior Member

This. You could also buy the boot-cut/Kentucky style breeches that we Saddle Seat riders use. The most commonly worn colors are black, navy, and brown, but they make jean-style models as well. Ariat and other brands also make some very nice riding shirts and polos which look clean with any discipline.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

As has already been shown, there are very nice boot-cut breeches available that are great for western riders and likely a lot more comfortable than regular jeans, too. There many good choices for up-top, too. Riding western doesn't mean you need to look like Festus in Gunsmoke (old TV show)...you can "dress up" while still embracing the western look.

manesntails likes this.
  7. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

I have ditched my jeans this year, now have two pairs of boot cut breeches I wear for schooling, will keep my jeans for showing.

Love the stretch, the comfort, love the stick in my Stickyseats. Now going to order another pair of Buckwild breeches, they are not boot legged, she will either tuck them inside my boots, or switch to half chaps when I wear them.

Cowgirly, Nu5ha and Puddincup like this.
  8. E90Style

E90Style Senior Member

I present to you......Engstern or Wenglish Fashion. (photos of me from October 2010) English breeches on my Western horse.

Attached Files:

magoo320mj, manesntails and Puddincup like this.
  9. Puddincup

Puddincup Full Member

Honestly don't care for the jean/breeches. Probably more comfortable then jeans but it doesn't have the classic look of breeches. But I don't mind the Wenglish! Doesn't look as strange as I thought it might!

manesntails and E90Style like this.
  10. E90Style

E90Style Senior Member

Yup! It's comfortable and more flexible than jeans. Those are my IRideOn breeches. Love em.

manesntails likes this.