Irony is....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Arem, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Broken rubs suck. I got rammed by a bratty heifer with horns in Honduras while I was there. I was in agony. The family I was staying with offered to take me to the hospital.
    Option 1) a ride down the mountain on a dirt bike, on a narrow dirt track, at dusk, and then on unbelievably dangerous road, 4 hours to the big city to be poked and prodded by a doctor who almost certainly wouldn't speak English.
    Option 2) walk down the mountain, at dusk, (about 2 miles), catch public bus (literally a jam-packed old school bus, complete with Texas plates) to the nearest city, which by bus, would take at least six hours.

I took tylenol and waited it out.

Early this year I had to get chest x-rays for breathing trouble, and the radiologist person goes "Huh. Do you know you have a badly broken rib? It lookes like it healed crooked, or maybe not all all. . . "
    " Oh, yeah, that. It still hurts if I poke it."
    "When did you break it?"
    ". . . Ten years ago. . .?"
    :faint:

2. Blondehorse

Blondehorse Senior Member

Thanks, and the same to you!

I don't have a picture of her on my phone, but I'll have to snap one next time I see her. Her unofficial name is Paintball. We don't really name our cows, but she kind of came with the name. When I used to milk I had a few favorites and usually named them, but since we moved to the new barn and have robotics and I don't chore anymore, I don't know the cows like I used to.
    Ok, I'll stop hijacking the irony thread now! :blushing:

Arem and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Jingling for you, hubs and I were talking about this/you. Hang in there, very newsworthy and interesting.

Blondehorse likes this.
  4. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Feel free to share info about the robotic milkers in the moo thread too!

Alsosusieq2 and Blondehorse like this.
  5. Arem

Arem Senior Member

I don’t mind. It’s interesting. :rofl:

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Jeez, I thought that irony was going to bite..

Thursday postponed my knee replacement until fall
    Thursday, after that, new farrier sees Fergie, asks if she has problems with her stifle?

GREAT....now I'm thinking that I have postponed, only to have my horse go off.

Vet day today and she checks out fine, no problems to be found in hock or stifle, she thinks that her fetlock MAY be showing a touch of arthritis, but nothing to worry about. PHEW....two old ladies together....

Charliemyheart and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  7. Binca

Binca Senior Member

Irony is never having had a concussion from a horse riding related activity, but having so many minor concussions just from being clumsy that your doctor suggests an eye exam. :faint:

So that's what I'm doing at some point this week. (y)

8. Charliemyheart

Charliemyheart Senior Member

Irony is having a broken rib has given me the time and ability to sit down and get my room clean. I can’t sit still to save my life and at least it’s not moving to much and doing something.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018 at 1:43 PM
    Alsosusieq2 and Pirate like this.