introducing....

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by hamerface, Sep 12, 2017.

1. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

Not a ton going on here with little Rune. He's growing he's all legs. His legs are as long as Mischa's but he's nowhere near as tall yet.

Mum is home for a week from work so we decided to throw some saddle pads on him, blankets etc. We had this old style full hood, crinkly, noisy, heavy and rubbed it all over his body. That was going really well so the next logical step was to try it on.

While he looks super unimpressed he didn't care when we put it on, pulled his ears through the holes etc. He has a pretty awesome mind.

I'm hoping we can get a good start on him this year mucking around wise and he'll be ready to roll as a three year old for riding. I know my mum would like to get on him this fall, but I'm not into that idea. He s gangly and young and he can wait.

The halter wasn't surged up as much as it should have been. Mum grabbed the wrong one. I was anything it up off and on all day.

20180219_150813.jpg

2. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

He does not look happy. Poor baby, lol.

3. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

Well little rune is growing. He looks like shaggy garbage but he's growing into himself.

He's really a clever little guy, 0and picks up on things quickly. I'm really hopeful he'll be everything mum wants. She's rehoming her 10 yr old QH to a home with little kids as he has a stifle injury. 20180603_222630.jpg

Paige, the bay is 14.2hh 20180603_222601.jpg

20180603_181553.jpg

4. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Pretty boy!!
    What are the temps like where you live? Just looking at his coat makes me sweaty...

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

it was 30 degrees and now is about 20-25. No reason for the coat to be hanging on...

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Might be your chance to introduce him to clippers. Yay?

mooselady likes this.
  7. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Awhh, looking really good. I'm a sucker for bays apparently, but he's beautiful.

8. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

This is the sweetest photo of mums 10 year old she had to rehome due to injury. (Stifle, suitable for light riding) He's gone to a home with two little girls under 8 and their cousins of varying ages under 13.

Bittersweet for my mum, and me to be honest, as we've had this guy for 9 years. I know this family will do the right thing by him when the time comes, and that's all that matters to both mum and I.

Kiddlet.jpg

9. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Awhh.. actually what a beautiful boy too as well as a sweetheart. Feel for you. :heartbeat:

10. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

No new photos I'm afraid.

Rune managed to get a pretty significant puncture wound that extended over eight inches under the skin but not into muscle. He was quite lame for about a week but the vet saw to it promptly. 10 days of antibiotics, 8 days of flushing and things were looking good. He was SO good by the end of the treatment protocol.

We've had some issues loading him and he did skin his face on the wb height trailer. He did loaf afterward and hauked like a champ. My mum really frets as shes lost her last two horses to injuries.

Rune is on the winter pasture right now and will be brought home in the trailer later, but it's a good excuse to get some photos of him sometime soon.

Growing like a weed but after spending so much time nursing him this summer I really like the mind on him.

It may not actually be that bad to trade horses for a little while.

froglander, Alsosusieq2 and ginster like this.