Information On Pinto World

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by Thelittlebaymare, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thelittlebaymare

Thelittlebaymare Registered

So recently we bought a filly who will be 2 in July. We also have a mare who will be 19 in June. Both are Pintos (or able to be registered with Ptha.) So I was wondering do any of you have any tips, or information on Pinto World. I've done my research on the breed and the show, but they don't our personal things on their website. Also is there a certain hotel you recommend, or any other show recommendations? Is it best to stay the whole time or is better to just go up a few days before your first class, and leave after your last class? Which barn is the best to rent a stall in? We wouldn't be able to go this year, but we could maybe go in 2018, or 2019 for the first time.

2. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

Do you have a trainer? What events are you aiming to show in? Have you ever showed at a breed show before?

I just recently started showing AQHA (2015) so I got a big ol' reality check. I wasn't prepared for the level yet (basically because I didn't have show clothes that were tailored and fit, my equipment needed upgrading, etc). It is a lot of planning and work and training to be able to do well. If you don't care about doing well, all the power to ya, but I wouldn't be spending that kind of money to go there and not at least be competitive.

Are your horses trained?

mooselady likes this.
  3. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

Ok doing speed events makes it a little easier. Lol :) You might look into the rules and regs as well for the speed events just so you're prepared! Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.