In Need Of A Trailer

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by EquineSilver, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Awhh..(((hugs)))!!!

EquineSilver likes this.
  2. RelaxMax

RelaxMax Senior Member

My trailer cost 1,400 but I'm pretty sure it's a 1992? Or 1998. It's small, but luckily I have a pony, with good floor, minimal rust, and new tires. I lucked out at that price. It doesn't have brakes, but that's not a big deal for me.

1k is not going to get you anything, I'm sorry :(

EquineSilver likes this.
  3. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Save up three thousand. Don't buy CircleC or WW two horses or stock trailers. They are poorly made and vibrate inside when hauled.

Read some reviews, well, LOTS of reviews on trailer brands. I just sold an 06 Bee two horse straight load with tack compartment, escape door, double walled steel, with padded removable divider. 3200.

Bee is an excellent brand and used trailers hold their value. You want a trailer that has been taken care of, not one that's sat for years unused, that someone wants hauled off for 1000 or less.

EquineSilver and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  4. EnglishRider234

EnglishRider234 Senior Member

I bought a used Kieffer Built for $5,500 from a local place. 2 horse slant with big tack room.

When I was shopping I literally just googled “horse trailer in (location)” lots of websites popped up. I was happy to buy from a dealer because they rewired the lights to our liking, added new padding, as well as sent home some new window stoppers for no extra cost. Of course not all dealers may be that easy to deal with but ours was great!

5. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

"Less expensive" always is overridden by "safe"...while it's good to know your budget, don't buy something within that budget that isn't going to be reliable and safe for your horses. And with a low budget, you're going to see all kinds of trailers that have not been well maintained or have hidden issues that only a good inspection by a knowledgable person will reveal,

Many older trailers are also smaller physically, so be sure that anything you consider is appropriate for the size of the horse or horses you intend to carry.

Also, there is a lot of scamming going on out there in online sales avenues...beware of "it's too good to be true" prices on trailers that clearly should be selling for a lot more.

6. EquineSilver

EquineSilver Full Member

Thank you, I'll look into Bee!

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  7. EquineSilver

EquineSilver Full Member

Thanks!

8. kb1gra

kb1gra Senior Member

Unbraked trailers are illegal in many states so make sure you understand what is required before purchasing.

waresbear likes this.