"I want this horse" drool thread

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Arem, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Eh, I don't care what color. But I DO want one that's semi-tall....15h would be good.

ginster likes this.
  2. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

Glory is probably 15 hh. I have not measured her. She was started under saddle, ridden a hand full of times, about 4 years ago but I would sure not say she is broke! She is friendly and not gaited and about 10 years old so just getting sensible for a mule. leads, loads, ties and is good with her feet after she gets to know a person. She is a stout girl. $500
    Shorty is definitely not 15hh unless you count his attitude! He might be 14.2. He is a wonderful mule though. He is not gaited but is the smoothest non-gaited animal I have ever ridden. Easily bonds to anyone that will spend some time with him. Athletic and confident. He is broke, w/t/c, sidepass, backs, neck reins. Is ear shy and we use a bridle with a clip that does not need to be pulled over his ears. I have tried several times to get him past that but he is pretty convinced I will pull his ears right off of his head if he lets me touch them! He should not be pastured with mares as he gets pretty studly. He is 15 or so. He was born a traditional buckskin and has darkened to what you see here. He has the best feet on the place. Never shod and never sore even in the mountains when ridden every day for 10 days in a row. He is a beast in the mountains! No give up in him even with my 6'3" 250lb nephew beginner rider on him he never missed a step. He is not really a beginner safe ride but he was purchased by my FIL just for my nephew. My nephew has married and started a family and Shorty just does not figure in his life right now. I love this mule and would ride him/keep him if I had the time to work with him. He is firmly bonded to me right now and jumps the fence to come to me when I go out side. $3000
    Both of these are for sale, The bright bay in the front is broke but needs a tune up. I don't think she is 15hh though. The dark bay in the back is supposed to be broke but she bucked like a fiend when we put a saddle on her. They were given to us so would consider giving them both to the right person. They are both very gentle, 7 years old.

3. ginster

ginster Senior Member

That bright bay has a gorgeous head.

DriftwoodsQHs likes this.
  4. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

ginster likes this.
  5. Arem

Arem Senior Member

*whistles*

6. ginster

ginster Senior Member

She is pretty!
    She deserves a better rider than that gentleman in the blue shirt...

7. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Local, not too expensive, and CUTE CUTE CUTE?!
    If only he was 6 inches taller!
    Screenshot_20180703-153719_Facebook.jpg

froglander, ginster and Arem like this.
  8. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Aww, what a cutie!!

9. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

So drive him!

ginster, Dona Worry and Arem like this.
  10. Arem

Arem Senior Member