"I want this horse" drool thread

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Arem, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Price I’m not worried about so much as “inquiries from a serious show home only.” Somewhere else, she said that she liked him and wouldn’t mind keeping him. If they want to see him go to someone who will show him APHA or seriously pursue cow horse shows, I doubt I could get him at price. I just want to barrel race, play at little local rodeos, and do some local ranch horse shows. (Play with cows some at those shows) Strictly “for fun” hobbiest showing. My main focus is my Jiu Jitsu competitions. Trying to pursue both that and serious horse showing would run me ragged.

But if they wouldn’t mind him going to someone who just wants to play with a good horse? MINE!

2. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Possibly, when I inquire about Spooks Delta Dude’s stud fee (private treaty to approved mares) I might add a little inquiry about Cat In The Hat, too, if I can find a respectful way to ask. Something like, “I know he’s a quality horse and deserves to be showcased, but I was wondering if....” or “I love Cat In The Hat, but I’m not sure if I’m the kind of home you’re looking for” and honestly outline my plans.

We’ll see. Maybe now that they have their filly out of that cross, if he’s still available when I’m ready....

Dona Worry likes this.
  3. Arem

Arem Senior Member

A couple more cute cutting bred Tobianos. I like the gelding best. Why do the geldings always have to be the cuter ones? *pouts*
    :p

078FC958-E9FB-4A5C-A808-83BC63296BEF.png
    B6C750F3-3AEE-499B-A978-F50586FB767E.jpeg

1875EEED-0661-4CE5-9437-59BADBDBDA79.jpeg
    A555B67E-8E58-4F94-8090-C9ED38679CF7.jpeg
    0F06C860-141B-41A9-ABA1-2407DD533B34.jpeg

Dona Worry likes this.
  4. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

You never know. They may be happy to let him go to someone who would really appreciate him and where he would have his "own human." I would definitely inquire on him, or see if they have anything else they anticipate having for sale that would possibly be in your price range when you think you would be prepared to buy.

5. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

His name is Chics Juice Box. He is a gelding by Smart Like Juice and he is local to me.

barrel_racer64 likes this.
  6. Peanut Palomino

Peanut Palomino Senior Member

This thread is setting me up for failure. I CAN'T BUY A HORSE RIGHT NOW.

But I can't stop thinking about that sorrel filly :willynilly:

This one:
    [​IMG]

They also have a full sister available (2 year old). AND they just posted pictures of her full brother, who is a 1/2D barrel horse doing very well locally. Here he is:
    [​IMG]

That filly is going to blossom and I'm going to MISS OUT :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

I texted pictures of her to my BF and this is how that conversation went:
    [​IMG]

7. barrel_racer64

Any chance you could work out a way to spend some time at the ranch with their horses? I think you said they are local, right? Maybe the stars would align...

Alsosusieq2 and Arem like this.
  8. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Well, I’m an enabler, so.....

:p :p :p :p

9. Peanut Palomino

Peanut Palomino Senior Member

They're 2 1/2 hours away. In theory, I could afford a horse right now but it would be tight. I'd like to put it off until a buy a truck and trailer. Hopefully they'll keep rebreeding that mare and I can get a future filly that's just like the other two.

Arem and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  10. barrel_racer64

I'm trying desperately to use my good sense and not just say DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope so, in the mean time, way to prioritize. (y) And use self control :eek:(I know, its a concept some of us have a hard time grasping sometimes... just ask my hubby)

GONE ROPING, Peanut Palomino and Arem like this.