I want this dog!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Arem, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Thanks, they must be fairly obscure I've not heard of them though honestly I haven't kept up on dog breeds.

2. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

They are. Most people have no clue of them. When Sora was a puppy I was always stopped & asked. The weirdest thought was ausie - husky mix. Most people thing border collie right away, but the color is off & that's what throws them.

But once you meet one & know what they are, you'll never mistake them again. There's really nothing else that looks like them :)

Arem likes this.
  3. cowgirlcasanova

cowgirlcasanova Full Member

[​IMG]
    Blue merle Miniature Australian Shepherd

tlwidener, Arem and Dona Worry like this.
  4. Ms_Pigeon

Ms_Pigeon Senior Member

Aw: thank you! He gets compliments wherever we go. :)

5. Arem

Arem Senior Member

I used to have a Treeing Walker Coonhound and nobody could figure out what she was either. Some people though foxhound, which I could understand. Most people thought Beagle, but she was waaaaaay bigger than any beagle could ever hope to be. The weirdest guess we ever got for her was a crazy vet who was sure she was beagle x basset hound. I want to know how you get a big, tall dog out of two small short ones????

CheyAut and Rhythm 'n Blues like this.
  6. AmyK

AmyK Senior Member

I'm late to the party, but greyhounds are the best. We've had three so far, and they've all been a bit different:

IMG_1264.JPG
    Rosie is sweet, dumb, and loveable. Wouldn't move from this ottoman, ever, if you didn't make her. In this position as I type.

IMG_1882.JPG
    Pickles is more assertive, can be more dominant, can't be trusted out while I'm riding because he wants to chase the horses... like to bark/howl, loves belly rubs and occasionally squeaky toys. The most active greyhound we've had, still lazy by most dog standards.

IMG_0785.JPG
    My sweet, docile, sensitive Slappy. She was always fairly timid. It was just so sweet and loving. Passed away last summer. I still miss her terribly. She had a number of bad habits I could never train out of her so she needed to be confined if left alone... they aren't the easiest dogs to train.

That being said... as long as you have someplace safe for them to be when you're gone (we have a heated porch with a window they use as a dog door) they are the best beeed for people with a busy lifestyle because they are so lazy and low maintenance!

7. CJ

CJ Senior Member

That the approximate position "I fear most" when our Great Dane is feeling clingy and wants to share the twin bed. One shove of feet on wall and *someone* is going out over the edge. :X3:

ginster, equinitis, Arem and 2 others like this.
  8. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

20180108_124857.jpg

When my Dane isn't hogging our bed this is where she spends a lot of her time. Staring out the living room window into our front yard.

ginster, Arem, AmyK and 2 others like this.
  9. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Oh my goodness! She looks bigger than a people. :faint::rofl:

NBChoice likes this.
  10. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

She weighs about 35 pounds more than me! :confused:

Arem likes this.