I want this dog!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Arem, Dec 31, 2017.

1. CheyAut

CheyAut Senior Member

Maybe a Catahoula? I could be wrong!

ginster and Arem like this.
  2. Arem

Arem Senior Member

That was my guess too

3. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Be
    Mal for me, too.

OldGreyMare and Arem like this.
  4. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

I'm wanting a corgi really really really bad.

:rofl::rofl:

CheyAut, Arem and ginster like this.
  5. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

CheyAut is right. The full & proper name is Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever.
    The best way to describe them is, take a golden, shrink it down to 40lbs, make it red red & add some white. Then instead of them looking at you & going "huh?" tollers look at you & go "ok what's next". Literally that is the difference.

Technically they are more closely related to Boarder Collies than they are Goldens - so yes they are a bit more active than a Golden or a Lab, but if you can keep their attention, they are far easier to train. Most people think they are spun like Boarder Collies, but there are 2 lines - the working line (bred to hunt) and the show lines (bred for showing). Mine is a show-line dog, and I can tell you they are way way calmer than the working lines. I would never own a working line Toller in my life - They are SPUN!! Far too much dog for my tastes. We have a big yard, and the toller is perfectly content to play in it. She travels everywhere we do on weekends, and is off leash in open spaces all the time without any issues. Of course we took the time training here, but she really is a wonderful dog & just fantastic with children! We don't have kids, so this is something she just had in her. She plays with them, does not steel food from them & keeps them within close proximity of the adults without ever being asked or "herding them". Truly just a fun loving dog!

As a side note - the dog in the link above isn't what I would consider a "nice looking toller" the head isn't ideal in shape, but it does give you the idea of what they look like. :)

ginster, CheyAut and Arem like this.
  6. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

I think the origional Nana was St.Bernard, then I think they used a Newfie or two.

ginster and Rhythm 'n Blues like this.
  7. Whoa

Whoa Senior Member

[​IMG]
    I'd like this dog, Please. Cute and helpful!

Arem and Dona Worry like this.
  8. Rhythm 'n Blues

Huh! You're right (just googled)! I always remembered it being grey & white!

9. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

I just googled a minute ago, and now I don’t know for sure, lol. In the book, it says it was probably a Newfie, but on stage it was a guy in a dog suit of undefined breed, but in the first movie, it was the Bernard, but later movies a Newfie again.

I’m more confused than ever from reading Mr. Google, lol. But I remember watching the old Peter Pan, and I’m pretty sure it was the St. Bernard.
    Mr. Google is soooooo reliable, as we all know.

Arem likes this.
  10. Rhythm 'n Blues

^ regardless it sure wasn't a sheepdog like I remembered! :ROFLMAO:

Arem likes this.