1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

I Taught My Horse to Beg

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Sempiternal, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Sempiternal

Sempiternal Senior Member

without meaning to. At least she's cute.

She waited a good five minutes prior this, in the same spot for me to notice her. All the while I was letting horses into the indoor (BO sometimes lets the rough boarded horses in when the weather is especially bad), running out to my car and messing around in the grain room. Poor girly thought I had forgotten her alfalfa mash (obviously it's a favorite of hers).

Backstory to this. We've gone through a couple bouts of ulcers and she tends to get unhappy about being girthed during these periods. As we were coming out of the last one, I started giving her treats for letting me do up the girth without pinned ears. Of course, I didn't take into account her other little habit, which was this chewing thing she's doing in the above video.

Apparently she associates doing that now with getting treats....or food....any food.

VermilionStrife and mooselady like this.
  2. Kiesha

Kiesha Full Member

Aweee, she's too cute!!! :X3: