I need a gun

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by slc, May 15, 2018.

1. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Actually it’s you who are contradictory. Not too long ago, you were preaching about how poor mentally ill active shooters shouldn’t be shot. Yet here you are, now, wanting to get a gun to use for trespassers.

CabterCrazy likes this.
  2. Arem

Arem Senior Member

This. This. This.

3. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Insurance?
    Even so, it’s better to loose the car than loose your life picking a battle that you shouldn’t.

4. slc

slc Senior Member

I think I'll get me a big old huntin' dog. Hunt me some trespassers.

5. ParkedOut

ParkedOut Senior Member

This thread reminded me why I don’t come here much anymore.

cmrtoner, endurgirl, ginster and 2 others like this.
  6. doublelranch

doublelranch Senior Member

I have had trespassers on two occassions. The first was a poacher coming to kill my turkeys. I heard him calling to my birds, saw him sneaking closer on the adjacent property, and I saw his gun. I met him straddling my fence with my gun. I never pointed it at him, but I'm not going to show up to a potential argument not equally armed. If I had gone back inside to call the sheriff, my animals would be shot, butchered and in the oven before the sheriff got there. The second was at 3:00am. My dog was standing up in the middle of my bed going nuts barking his head off. I heard a voice outside, but the only word I could understand spoken twice was "dog". I stayed inside with my gun ready, but my dogs scared them off just fine. My husband just got to bed at 1:30am after fixing a water main break, and he conveniently slept through the whole thing even with me trying to wake him. No point in calling the sheriff. Everything would be over and done by the time he showed up.

We had a "trespasser" this morning at 4:00am. Went to the barn to feed and found momma barn kitty fighting for her life to save her babies from a hungry raccoon. The gun came in handy this morning:whistle:.

Slc, my suggestion to you would be get a dog. I have pibbles, but any large breed with a reputation for guarding or protection will do. They may just be a big lap dog, but they will know when they need to be serious. I swear dogs have a sixth sense about peoples' intentions.

ginster, Arem and mooselady like this.
  7. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Also very wise. (y)
    If someone armed is threatening humans or livestock or pets, absolutely meet them armed, exactly as you did in your scenario. (Prepared and ready) In that case, it’s absolutely necessary.

doublelranch likes this.
  8. slc

slc Senior Member

Everyone is attempting in their own way to be of help. Everyone has a different opinion on this subject; that's ok.

Binca likes this.
  9. slc

slc Senior Member

I have a dog and he usually barks his head off and goes nuts when anyone comes on the property.

This time he was utterly silent.

10. waresbear

waresbear Senior Member

I need a battering ram, such a pain always having to borrow the neighbors'......

equinitis and Arem like this.