I need a gun

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by slc, May 15, 2018.

1. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

Were they Travelers? They are big into fake paving, etc.

2. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

I was just going to say that there have been folks going house to house asking to pave driveways around here.

As for a gun, i have a 9mm Ruger. I don't holster it often, i mainly keep it with me on the road.

If i was at my barn and someone came up, I'd be without my gun, that's one reason i want my front yard fenced and gated with a lock code. My barn is behind my house.

slc likes this.
  3. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

I was thinking that myself.

If you seem to think you need a gun go get proper training from a professional. Learn how to properly operate the gun and drill it into your brain. There is nothing more dangerous than someone who thinks they know how a gun works and are utterly clueless.

Arem likes this.
  4. slc

slc Senior Member

I have a lot to say about irresponsible gun ownership, not guns per se.

5. slc

slc Senior Member

Perhaps you noticed I asked about safety and management and said I needed such training.

6. Peanut Palomino

Peanut Palomino Senior Member

Google gun ranges in your area.
    Many of them offer classes. I took a handgun class a few months ago and it was really educational. We went over "classroom lecture" material and then went to the actual range and got to try out different handguns. The instructor was a retired police officer and went really in depth on proper shooting technique and safety measures.

Before choosing a gun, go shoot some. Figure out what you like and what you're comfortable with.

equinitis and slc like this.
  7. slc

slc Senior Member

Fantastic advice! Thanks!

Peanut Palomino likes this.
  8. PyroTekNik333

PyroTekNik333 Senior Member

For home defense, Scatter gun loaded with 00. You hardly have to worry about aiming which is perfect because if you ever need ot your heart rate will be through the roof.
    Will also handle jusr about every varmint out there.

But honestly I would not have a gun in a home with someone who has laspses mentally. Thats an accident looking for a place to happen.

9. slc

slc Senior Member

I believe there are locks for guns, and cabinets, and that the ammunition can be locked up separately from the gun. I think that would resolve the problem.

He doesn't have 'mental lapses.' He staggers around for about 15 seconds and passes out, about 1-2 times a year. It's due to low blood pressure.

My neighbor keeps a loaded gun behind the door. I do not believe that would be a good idea for us. My husband could trip over it and it might go off.

I think that would be bad.

10. slc

slc Senior Member

That's possible. A couple things suggested that. The officer said that some of them are real <bad word> and that in any case, anyone who would undo a gate and go wandering around the property is not to be trusted.