I need a GPS for horseback riding

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by PeggySue, Oct 19, 2008.

1. PeggySue

PeggySue Senior Member+

Who has them and which ones work??

I am tired of getting lost adn riding 3X as long as planned

2. Chester

Chester Senior Member+

Peggy, you are a goose. I have mates that have absolutely no sense of direction. I am sure they also lack common sense.

Out riding once we were where we didn't know, hadn't been before. We came to a fork in the track. I broke a nice big branch off a tree to drop as a guide for me. My mate thought I was after a stick for my horse. It was about 6 foot long and very bushy. Not the sort of stick to use on a horse.:no:

Maybe you need to take some orienteering lessons.:p

3. PeggySue

PeggySue Senior Member+

Chester we were in fields and woods... and yes my friend and I are both directionally challenged :)

I do have to brag and say Moosa did amazing once again and I got Sas into a lope !! When T finally started trusting Moosa he did take us back where we needed to be THE TRAILER... Sassy won't take you back she doesn't want to go back but the Moosa Man is a good boy and will

4. bnwalker2

bnwalker2 Senior Member+

I don't use one for riding... yet, lol. But I bought one at Advance Auto, it was like $100. It's small and easy to carry and it works really well. I can't think of what brand or anything that it is, but if you go to Advance I'm sure you can find it.

5. Chester

Chester Senior Member+

Long piece of string. Tie it to his tail and when you get to the end of it, you will know because he will buck from the sudden tugging on the tail, turn around and wind the string up as you go.

6. PeggySue

PeggySue Senior Member+

LOL I need a can of paint but that woulnd't work either cause we almost always ride LOOPS not out and back which is HOW we get lost ... that and we let the kids up front and weren't paying attention .. I am still laughing about it although the other adult is mad at me I think LOL

7. Top Dun

Top Dun Senior Member+

8. *Aftica*

*Aftica* Senior Member

Go to your local Bass Pro Shop they should have one there.Years ago my dad picke dup a GPS at our local Labaron's as he's a hunter anyways I don't remember the brand but htey work wonders! I go t lost in our 500scres and found my way back to camp with it.

9. PeggySue

PeggySue Senior Member+

sending this to honey!!! we were looking at one of the eTrex from Garmin at walmart today not bad priced, I told him he could give it to me NOW and wrap the empty box for xmas!! LOL

10. PeggySue

PeggySue Senior Member+

we dont' have a bass pro but we do have a Gander Mountian ...