I just can't get enough! What are you addicted to buying?

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by StraightandTrue, May 17, 2018.

1. StraightandTrue

StraightandTrue Senior Member

It happened again last night. I went into the tack store to pick up a rug repair when I spotted the new season HV Polo socks. I tried to resist, I really did, but they matched my saddle pad perfectly. What was I supposed to do?

I probably have about 20 pairs of knee socks in all different shades - peach, turquoise, navy, pink, silver, light blue, raspberry, grey, red, teal, purple, black... the list goes on! I'm fairly rational when it comes to other purchases. I only have three saddle pads (one for competition, two for training). I love a good polo shirt, but I'll only buy a new one to replace one that's looking tatty. Ditto for breeches/jods. But when it comes to socks I just can't help myself!

What are you addicted to buying?

2. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

Saddle pads, I have a lovely collection... my current favorite is my pink sparkle one, but I got about 15? Never enough! Now my filly is gettif broke western I need pretty western ones!

GONE ROPING, Bebe and StraightandTrue like this.
  3. StraightandTrue

Well obviously you need pretty western ones! 15 saddle pads though... where do you keep them all?!?!

4. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

I got a big trunk at the barn, we don't blanket so there is plenty of room in it haha

manesntails and StraightandTrue like this.
  5. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

Saddle pads.

Back on track items.

Liquid titanium (fenwick) items.

Western decor to decorate the house.

GONE ROPING and Arem like this.
  6. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

See what i'm talking about?? Lolol, it keeps following me around!! I bought a cutting horse shower curtain, pillows for the sofa, and i'm going to buy a quilt for my bed. (That one inthe picture, actually) :rofl:

Screenshot_20180517-202746_Chrome.jpg

7. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

I haven't had time or extra money to buy everything I would like to have. But I used to have a huge english saddle pad collection. Can't see that happening again cause western type pads cost way too much IMHO.

Alyssa Hughes, manesntails and Arem like this.
  8. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Fly spray.

I need it for my sanity because my horse is a prissy princess.

“This is why we can’t have nice things” as I soak my horse in fly spray.

9. StraightandTrue

Hahaha darn that targeted advertising!!!

endurgirl likes this.
  10. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

It used to be saddle pads. I had a huge collection. But I've been using a fleece on Bella and she and I like it better than any of the regular pads we had so I've thinned that out.

And for a while it was saddles, which is an expensive thing to collect! At one time, I had 8 saddles for 2 horses but I've cut it down to 5 now. One of them is the saddle I've had since I was 13. I no longer use it but I'll never get rid of it. Another is a jumping saddle I'd like to find a home for but it has a very narrow tree and it's an 18" so no good for a kid with a smaller horse and it won't fit a larger horse, so I'm probably stuck with it until I meet someone with a very narrow horse and long legs. :LOL:

Then I have a Wintec, which no longer fits either of my horses but I keep it kicking around because they can be useful and I'm not going to make anything selling it. Which leaves 2 to ride in - the Circle Y and the Stubben dressage.

Now? Nothing really. I'm thankfully at a stage where I'm not compulsively buying things! :sick: