I gotta come clean......meet Bourbon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cschattner, Mar 16, 2019 at 8:34 PM.

1. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Back in November of 2017 after my accident I decided to go after my dream of owning a rottweiller.
    Things started going south with Killian after he bit my dad and y'all convinced me not to get the rottweiller I paid for.
    Well I couldn't do it. I ended up picking him up and slowly introduced him to Killian. I took him to puppy play time, went through classes and he loves daycare. He is the biggest love bug and has even gotten killian to come out of his shell.
    As far as I can tell the incident with Killian was caused by stress and being away from me. He has shown no signs of further human aggression since.
    So without further delay meet Bourbon.
    Right now he is a beast at 90ibs and dumb as a brick but sweet as pie. Rotties get brains around 3yo so we will see if he gets smarter lol. 20181010_204254.jpg 20180604_182010.jpg
    I also have been using a very good dog sitter for all pet care instead of my dad watching them. Oddly enough whenever I visit my dad with the boys killian just wants to be with my dad. He loves my dad and my dad has also come around to Killian. He actually likes him better then Bourbon.

Excuse the wrap on his foot, dingus put his foot through the chicken coop fence and cut his pad. That was months ago and he hasn't done it since.

emali06, ginster, Alsosusieq2 and 2 others like this.
  2. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Wow, is he ever a gorgeous boy-!! You did the right thing. People interjecting opinions are one thing, but trust your heart / head. I was only worried about your Dad, so were you though and circumvented that.

I've never had a Rottweiler, closest was Doberman, and he was the biggest, fiercest looking snowflake I've even had lol. It was kind of funny, but he'd tinkle if you even raised your voice as he ran and peed. :confused: :cool:

I'm thrilled to meet him. You're a gorgeous boy there Bourbon in your dapper and spiffy neck scarf. ;) My gorgeous Lab always had one on, it's essential. :love:

I'm happy you've got him with you, he's a great companion as well as just protection. Heck, I jogged every day with my three Labradors and never had any guys bug me. Labradors lol. They'd have licked them to death.. :ROFLMAO:

Autocorrect has a mind of it's own, glad we have an edit button. :sneaky:

doublelranch likes this.
  4. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Aww, what a cutie!

5. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

He will definitely lick you to death before anything. He is protective of me but has only growled 3xs. Once at a laundry basket I left sitting by the front door in the dark. First time I ever heard him growl and it terrified me cause I thought someone followed me inside my house.
    Second time was when I was sleeping and he was in bed with me and something fell in the kitchen, also scared the poo out of me.
    Lastly was when the cops came for a welfare check last week and he was in his crate. He stopped once he realized they where not going to hurt anyone. I was crying and he had never growled at a person before until then.
    The cops still wanted to pet him though.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. jojozwiebel

jojozwiebel Senior Member+

We have a rottie... love her to pieces. She is pretty protective, although she really gets going when people leave the house. Not sure why, but especially my boyfriend. She just loves him though.

He’s a pretty boy!

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  7. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

My guy howels when I leave. It's pretty pathetic sounding ones too lol

8. MzCarol

MzCarol Senior Member

Winston says Hello :)
    [​IMG]

Winston will be 13 months old/120lbs this weekend and he is my 3rd Rottus Weillerus. I have to disagree on the dumb as rocks until 3 years thing. Every rott I've ever known/owned has been super intelligent. It didn't take Winston long to learn the barn rules and he loves being out there with the horses.

I'm glad your issue resolved and you're enjoying Bourbon so much. Them rotties sure do steal your heart :)

equinitis, ginster and NaeNae like this.
  9. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Awww ain't he so cute. My guy is a but small but I did play it safe and got the second to last smallest guy. I didn't want to end up with too big of a guy for my first boy.
    I think he is just a dope as his personality.

MzCarol likes this.