I Got My Baby Back

Discussion in 'Horse Classifieds' started by CaseyMarie814, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaseyMarie814

CaseyMarie814 Banned

I got my baby back after three years. Granted I had to sell my truck to be able to buy her back because we are in the process of moving and all our big money was tied up there and they wanted what they paid which is $1500. And in my eyes that isn't pocket change. And I just so happen to love my baby girl more than a truck. I sadly have no tack, grooming supplies or anything. I do have the money for her food, vet bill for this week for shots and coggins and her farrier and to have her teeth floated. I know the cost of owning horses. I had four at one time and I am aware it takes mone . But I don't have money for the tack right now. I'm looking for free or cheap tack for my girl. Looking for 15-16inch western saddle, bridle, saddle pad, girth, halter, lead rope, lunge line, hay bag, grooming supplies and any other little things. She's a 15.1-15.2 hh quarter horse made. She's dark bay and tubby. Well not right now she looks a little skinny for my likings but shell fatten right back up. These are older picture . From three years ago when I owned her.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  2. ILuvMyAppyQH

ILuvMyAppyQH Senior Member

This should be in classifieds

3. ghost horse

ghost horse Senior Member

sent you a pm

4. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

You just got this mare back and you are posting another thread that you want to...........BREED her to a stud in S.C.???????

What the........?

http://myhorseforum.com/threads/545603/#post7725192

Okay, *hyperventilation complete*

Reasonably speaking, you have very little money. It costs way more to breed a mare, pay for vet checks, vaccines, feed for the year, not to mention stud fees, than it would cost you to just buy a foal.

Second point. Nobody is breeding horses, hasn't been since 08 when the recession started because there are horses being given away for free. We have far more horses than we do people to take care of them. Now, she's a cute horse but just because she's a girl doesn't mean she needs to have a foal.

So, please be reasonable and re-think this thing all out. You have a nice mare there. If anything were to go wrong in the pregnancy, you do not want to lose this mare. Horses do die giving birth and it's not a super rare occurance. Take good care of her and don't get her bred. She's much better off open.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
    12 people like this.
  5. CaseyMarie814

CaseyMarie814 Banned

Ok if you knew more about my post than just jumping to conclusions I want to breed her NEXT year. Not in 2015 but 2016. And if I want to breed her I can. And if nobody is breeding horses then where are all the foals coming from just saying.

6. CaseyMarie814

CaseyMarie814 Banned

And I know all about breeding. Its what my cousin did for a living. And yes I want to breed her. She's the best horse I have ever had and I want a foal off her before she gets to old.

7. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Nobody with any sense is breeding horses. The horse population is already way over it's limits for the amt of homes there are. You can be part of the solution or part of the problem. Breed the mare and you satisfy yourself in having a foal which is cute and all but you won't have a HERD for the foal to learn how to be a horse. The foal will have no young horses to grow up with and will only learn how his mother's personality is. Later, when he is with other horses, he will not know how a herd works and will cause trouble for himself and others.

Bringing a foal into the world because YOU want one is at best selfish and at most a disservice to the foal.

12 people like this.
  8. MIEventer

MIEventer Senior Member

People need to stop breeding - so tired of the back yard breeders. Let's continue to produce more unwanteds so that slaughter houses can continue to clean up your mess.

10 people like this.
  9. CaseyMarie814

CaseyMarie814 Banned

Well I guess I am selfish and all because I'm the only person in the world who wants a foal off of a good mare. I don't want to take in another rescue I've taken in 5-6 in the past and trained them in order to find a hom . Now I have one horse and I plan on breeding her if that makes me a bad person than so be it I'm a evil person

10. MIEventer

MIEventer Senior Member

Nope, that makes you a selfish person.

8 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.