I have taken commissions on tack trunks for a number of folks over the last few five years (just got a new one pending) and finally decided to make myself one that is more in tune with my needs after taking into account use of the original prototype all this time as well as the various design changes I've made for folks to accommodate their needs for their trunks. After some sporadic time working on this project over the last month, I finally finished mine this evening...sans one piece of brass hardware that will come in the hardware order for the new commission and a decorative element that I still haven't decided on. The two major differences with this trunk over the original prototype (which will become Alesya's own trunk) are the little bit of bandage storage in the lid; one section for pillows and one for the standing wraps...and an integral lockable drawer that will let me access the stuff that normally lives "under" everything that is in the top layer without having to remove things. Incorporating a drawer made the trim that I do on my trunks a bit more complicated because the drawer has some of that trim on it, but I'm pleased with the end result. (The time involved to do this correctly would add considerably to the cost if someone ever requested it!) At any rate, this trunk will live on top of the original lower drawer unit that the current prototype sits on and I'm looking forward to getting the majority of stuff that inhabits the back of my Grand Cherokee all the time into the barn where it belongs! This trunk, like the original, is cherry and will get substantially darker with time as exposure to oxidation and UV rays does its thing. For reference, here's the original prototype on top of the lower drawer unit. (30" deep drawer on that fits dressage pads, etc., flat) This also shows the color cherry darkens to over time...there is NO stain/dye used on cherry in my shop!