I did something wild and out of control!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Caoimhe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Caoimhe

Caoimhe Senior Member

2. DelP

DelP Senior Member

Video did not work for me. What a handsome fellow! I'm a fan for Cyrano or Roman. I can't wait to see updates.

3. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Tack Collector and manesntails like this.
  4. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

I bet he has one heck of a personality. He's gonna be a fun one. I can see he's a big ole silly goober. Love his nose. He is very distinguished.

5. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I'm no roman nose fan, but yeah..I sure see why you got him. Good luck and ignore those Facebook witches.;)

Caoimhe likes this.
  6. Blue-Roan

Blue-Roan Senior Member

I think Moose would be appropriate. :rofl:

Sarai, Varisha, DelP and 3 others like this.
  7. QHriderKE

QHriderKE Senior Member

Well there's certainly not going to be any restrictions in the nasal cavity department :rofl:

Looks like a Hank to me!

8. horseingreyflannelsuit

horseingreyflannelsuit Senior Member

I want to give a vote for "moose" also. He's a cute horse. :)

Varisha likes this.
  9. JStorry

JStorry Senior Member

I love him!

Arem and horseingreyflannelsuit like this.
  10. XolosAndFjords

XolosAndFjords Full Member

Wow. I'm with you. He immediately comes off as the ugliest horse I've ever seen, but there really is something so charming about him underneath that nose. And I think the reason he comes off as ugly at first glance is because it's just so... strange, like if someone had never seen anything but retrievers their whole life and you suddenly showed them a Bulldog, but when you look at him as a whole, even that head really isn't so bad. At certain angles, he's downright cute. He definitely grows on you and every time I go back through the pictures or see another one, he gets less odd looking. I think it's just a matter of seeing past the nose. My first thought also went to saiga antelope.

Personally, I think he's lucky you bought him because a lot of people would pass him by because of that face and never get to see the personality that might be underneath it. I agree that those eyes just look so kind. At the end of the day, who cares if a horse has some glaring flaw that makes them a little less attractive to most? As long as they are sane and sound, a horse could be ugly as sin but still be worth his weight in gold.

I own a breed of dog (Xoloitzcuintli and mine is a 60 lb Standard) that, on first glance, many people wrinkle their noses at and, while I don't think they are ugly, I just don't plain care if someone does because my boy means the world to me. I hope this horse, whatever you decide to name him, turns out to be everything you're wanting him to be. I think he's one that will bring smiles to everyone he meets. He oozes charm and personality.

zett, Caoimhe, Varisha and 3 others like this.