I Confess~!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by manesntails, Aug 12, 2018 at 7:25 AM.

1. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I shop when I am stressed.

I have become an Amazonaholic. Amazon is my drug of choice. I browse, I search, I find something I want, that I can afford, and I “proceed to checkout“~!!!

Is there any help for M~eeeeeee~!!??? :help:

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Nope, no help available....

Alsosusieq2 and manesntails like this.
  3. ginster

ginster Senior Member

If it becomes something you *have* to do then there's therapy for that..
    I need to be careful with this because it is part of my depression/ OCD behaviour. I shop because it gives me a high. It makes me feel good for a short while.
    But for you it seems like domething to pass the time..
    Since you have a big move ahead of you I'd picture how much more work it will be to pack and ship all this stuff. And try to imagine where you put it all. I now live in a considerably smaller appartment than before (about a quarter of the size). I threw a lot away, gave a lot away . I made it fit but only because I sized down.
    This made me realize how much money I'd spend on totally unnecessary things.
    I still like to browse, might even add stuff to the cart but I barely buy it anymore...

Alsosusieq2 and manesntails like this.
  4. doublelranch

doublelranch Senior Member

My thing is going to auctions. I get a rush out of bidding against someone else back and forth. Let's just say I have LOTS of horse tack:rolleyes:.

5. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

I have lots of things in my Amazon cart and "saved for later ". I hate going out and shopping for home decor and other things, because nothing is nearby, so i find things on amazon i don't have access to.

I try to only place an order on things i can't wait for and really need about one a month after bills are paid. You're right, it does give you a high when the packages arrive!

6. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Auctions are also my drug of choice and I don't want help for it!!!!

7. manesntails

The problem is twofold: 1). I was told to buy what I need over here because it's cheaper and the shipper that will be shipping my stuff goes by volume, and clothes compress easily. 2). I live in a warm/hot climate and I will be moving to a much colder climate, therefore, I NEED warm clothes~!!
    :D See, I am doomed~!!
    :rofl:

Yes, too much time on my hands right now~!!

OMG~!! Auctions~!! I LOVE auctions~!! Horse auctions, junk auctions, estate sales? I'm IN~!!
    Sadly, all of them have closed but for the occasional one here or there. :(

I put stuff in my “save for later“, in my wish list, and, dang it~!! My finger starts to twi~i~i~itch~!! :willynilly::willynilly::willynilly: and, before *I* even know it, I am confirming my order~!! :rofl:

Me and the UPS guy are now friends~!!

Alsosusieq2 and doublelranch like this.
  8. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

So you auction junkies, I went to an awesome one last weekend.

Older couple getting out of horses entirely. Nothing there was newer than 30 years old (so all good quality!) A huge old buckboard team wagon went for 230. A easy entry cart went for 125. I bought a lovely old complete harness for 10. I wanted to wait around to see what a jog cart went for, but alas, I had a kiddo playing in the dirt and a family reunion to go to. But jeez, if I would have had 300 bucks and a trailer to haul things home....we'd have been in trouble!

ginster, DelP, Alsosusieq2 and 2 others like this.
  9. doublelranch

doublelranch Senior Member

Lol! Decisions, decisions. Drive the car to limit my take home space...or maybe the truck in case I want something that won't fit....or take the trailer and just go hog wild!

10. manesntails

I may be having one of those tack auctions before I leave if I can't get rid of all this tack before I go~!!