I are going to...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lyre, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Lyre

Lyre Senior Member+

... make peanut butter cups. Be jealous. I have yet to find a home-made treat that I enjoy as much :D Such a shame they take forever to make however because this ensures I only make them rarely :(

What are your favourite yummies to make at home?

2. arabians207

arabians207 Senior Member

How in the world do you make your own peanut butter cups?? Sounds difficult, lol.

Anyway, also going along with the theme of peanut butter and chocolate, my favorite thing to make is scotcheroos!

For those that don't know, it is rice crispy cereal mixed with karo syrup, sugar, and peanut butter topped with chocolate and butterscotch chips mixed. SO GOOD! The bad part is they are pretty easy to make.. :p

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Senior Member+

I love to make BBQ beef filled biscuit cups. You can use different variations on the beef mixture which I have done, and they always turn out delicious. They are a huge hit at Thanksgiving and Christmas and are super easy to make!

http://www.madeinmelskitchen.com/2008/11/bbq-beef-cups/

4. OhSoAppy

OhSoAppy Senior Member+

Flourless peanut butter cookies! So simple, and sooo good. 1cup peanut buuter, 1/2 cup sugar, and one egg. Mix together, place on pan(use fork to press each cookie) and bake at 350 for 11 minutes. YUMMY!!

2 people like this.
  5. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Senior Member+

My husband would love these! Thanks for sharing :)

6. morgansrule08

morgansrule08 Senior Member

Taco Cupcakes, Sticky buns, Nutella and PB cookies (YUMMY!!!), Apple crisp, and my all time favorite....

SPANAKOPITA !

7. Lyre

Lyre Senior Member+

All done and waiting for them to set. Made WAY more than I thought I would, probably around 40. Sad thing is with my family they will be lucky to see tomorrow afternoon ;) What is apple crisp? Sounds good for winter. It's still cold here!

Oh and because I was asked, here is the rundown...

- Peanut butter (a whole jar), a shameful amount of butter, bit of sugar, icing sugar, and crushed Marie biscuits in a saucepan. Melt/mix until right consistency.
    - Melt chocolate (at least a block) over water and add required amount of copha to create runny consistency
    - Spoon into miniature patty pans, rotate patty pans so chocolate coats the sides evenly all the way around
    - Put in fridge to set
    - When set, spoon filling into coated pans, press down, spoon melted chocolate over top
    - Put in freezer to set

Takes forever because it's so fiddly! Worth it though trust me!

8. Chester

Chester Senior Member+

I think apple crisp is apple crumble. :D

1 person likes this.
  9. Chester

Chester Senior Member+

Crazyhorse, instead of cheese next time try piping some creamy mashed potato on top. Much nicer. :)

1 person likes this.
  10. BossLady

BossLady Senior Member+

Guys... its cruel not to post pictures!! CRUEL!! I need visuals to fantasize about!