I am broken - RIP The Awesome Mr Gibbs

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by mooselady, Apr 19, 2017.

1. apndi

apndi Senior Member

I'm so sorry mooselady, I can only imagine how shocking and startling that was. It's one of my greatest fears, that one day unexpectedly one of my horses is gone forever. It sounds like it wasn't painful and it went quick. It seems like you gave him a lovely life for however long you've had him, im sure he appreciates that and loved you for it

mooselady likes this.
  2. Dream27

Dream27 Senior Member

ML, I'm so sorry for your loss. Mr Gibbs sounded like such an awesome horse when you wrote about him on here. I can't imagine the shock you're in. Thinking of you, and hoping Gibbs is galloping around in greener pastures. <3

mooselady likes this.
  3. greenpaintpony

greenpaintpony Senior Member

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I lost my heart horse very similarly and equally unexpectedly two years ago, and it is still the hardest thing I've gone through in my horse life. It's shocking and awful and you can't believe it's real life, and it took a long time (for me at least) to remember she wasn't waiting at the barn for me and not feel like I'd been kicked in the gut.

There really are no words that will make you feel better, but know that we are sending you hugs and support through this.

I still miss my mare every day, but am so, so glad for the ten years I got to spend with her. Mr Gibbs will always have a place in your heart and life, but that doesn't negate how hard it is right now :heartbeat:

mooselady likes this.
  4. Standardbredgirl

Standardbredgirl Senior Member

I'm so sorry for your loss... It was heartbreaking to hear Mr.Gibbs passed away....Hugs.

mooselady likes this.
  5. bnttyra

bnttyra Senior Member

I am so sorry! My heart breaks for you.:cry:

mooselady likes this.
  6. MzCarol

MzCarol Senior Member

I am so so sorry for your loss :(

mooselady likes this.
  7. wpgrider

wpgrider Senior Member

Really sorry to see this. Mr Gibbs sounded like an amazing once in a lifetime horse. Rest in peace, Mr Gibbs :(

mooselady likes this.
  8. miscetera

miscetera Senior Member

Mr. Gibbs is waiting for you on the other side and watching over you in the meantime. Wishing you peace for your broken heart.

mooselady likes this.
  9. gaitedboomer

gaitedboomer Senior Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

Take some consolation in knowing he appears to have gone on to meet his ancestors in a way we wish all of our animals and ourselves could go ----- quietly without discomfort:)

mooselady and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  10. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Thanks for all your thoughts and support, today is hard, I didn't want to get up, such a sick feeling. It is horrible when anyone leaves so suddenly, gives us no time to prepare or adjust, but so much better than trying to nurse the declining horse who is struggling.

This would be funny, if it wasn't sad, I debated long and hard about taking some tail, i didn't want him to be running in pastures new with a chunk of tail missing.