I am a quitter

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by emali06, Nov 29, 2017.

1. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Congrats!!

emali06 likes this.
  2. magoo320mj

magoo320mj Senior Member

Yay for you and Waylon! Great pics! I’m so happy for you guys.

Dreams change. What is good for one horse is not necessarily good for another. I’m so glad that you were willing to listen to your horse and find something that you both enjoy! :loveflag:

emali06 likes this.
  3. Ranger’s Roheryn

Ranger’s Roheryn Full Member

It takes a horsewoman to see if something’s not working and make the adjustments, even if it’s hard, because it’s in the well-being of your horse. Good for you!!!

emali06 likes this.
  4. billz

billz Full Member

Congratulations!

emali06 likes this.
  5. ASBgirl

ASBgirl Registered

I agree with you! For years I let my horses tell me what they were best suited to do.
    Eventually, however, I got to feeling like I was pounding a round peg in a square hole. Doing HS, WP and dressage with my ASB’s May have suited them but was frustrating for me due to the breed prejudice I encountered as well as the fact I was raised with saddle seat and, just my personal mental bend mind you, nothing else seemed quite the same. This all came about because I had a mare throwing me very nice foals, just not quite high enough carriage or enough motion to be competitive on the circuit I wanted to travel in. And any horse I could afford didn’t match the quality of what said mare was producing. The result, as I said, was I wound up with horses that could do nicely in other disciplines. The sum of it all is, I have a lot of very good all around experience and have become a far more well rounded horseman because of all that experience.
    And in the end, my motto has become “never let breed prejudice cause you to turn down an educational experience.” Have been offered rides on a few wc/rwc’s, not necessarily my fave type, but wonderful horses none the less and have been flattered to have been offered those rides.
    So now have gone completely away from trotting saddle seat breeds, yes, giving up in a fashion. But I don’t count it as that, I look at it as new experience.

ginster and emali06 like this.
  6. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I just want to say.. go you and also.. I LOVE that V browband bridle on on him!

emali06 likes this.
  7. LVMYQH

LVMYQH Senior Member

You're not a quitter....you're a realist.

You realize that you...your horse...and your relationship is more important than the discipline you had your heart set on. You chose your horse over endurance...and that is ok!!!

emali06 likes this.
  8. LVMYQH

LVMYQH Senior Member

ETA...Saw your update....you both look so happy!!! Congrats!!!

I'm in a similar situation with barrel racing.

emali06 likes this.
  9. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

He gets a lot of compliments on it. I found it hanging in the old shed when we bought our new property. There hadn't been horses on this property for many years!

35686648_10215305013991312_5129144077681426432_n.jpg

10. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

Its stunning ♡